Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do people willingly go on Jeremy Kyle?

• 28-11-2015 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

I was watching Jeremy Kyle there, and I was wondering why anyone would willingly go on there. Kyle is a nob of the highest order, he's regularly rude and offensive to everyone, and I can't possibly fathom why anyone would choose to go on a terrible tv show to be booed and humiliated and called a scumbag. Apparently they don't even get paid for it really, so thats not an explaination, then by googling around, I found this

Guest on Jeremy Kyle show claims he 'was ordered to change into a tracksuit before filming' - and then called an 'ex-drug dealer in a tracksuit' by host
    Gareth Evans, 27, said he arrived for filming wearing smart jumper
    But he was told to change it for tracksuit top as it had a logo showing
    Jeremy Kyle ripped into outfit, branding him 'a drug dealer in a tracksuit'
    Also called 'scum' and told to 'shut up' by Kyle during show

The incident is not the first time The Jeremy Kyle Show has been accused of influencing how guests appear on the programme.
    In 2007 the show came under fire after an alcoholic who appeared on the show claimed he had been plied with lager to 'stir him up for a fight'.
    Peter Davies, an ex-heroin addict, was a guest on the show as he tried to find out why his father cut him out of his will.
    'They basically wanted me to make a fool of myself - and that's exactly what I did,' he told The Sun.
    'I was half-cut by the time I went on stage. They knew I was an alcoholic and they should never have given me a drink.'

Later that year a former producer on the show told the Guardian that staff wind up guests 'like a coiled spring' before they take to the stage.
    Charlotte Scott said the production team would 'talk up' guests, giving them advice on what to say and how to be confrontational when they are questioned by Kyle.

So I don't know, I don't get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

thinly veiled "i have too much time on my hands and should get out more thread":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Because people are still idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I was watching Jeremy Kyle there, and I was wondering why anyone would willingly go on there. Kyle is a nob of the highest order, he's regularly rude and offensive to everyone, and I can't possibly fathom why anyone would choose to go on a terrible tv show to be booed and humiliated and called a scumbag. Apparently they don't even get paid for it really, so thats not an explaination, then by googling around, I found this

Its a show about people who make poor life choices, going on jeremy kyle is just another one.

Also monies. Id say theyre givin a few pound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd like to know how they are found in the first place - do they just e-mail in with a grievance or summat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It's hard to imagine the thought process but a lot if these people don't think like the rest of us and are willing to subject themselves to this for a free dinner and night in a hotel. While they don't get paid I am sure the expenses are fairly generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Old Perry wrote: »
    Its a show about people who make poor life choices, going on jeremy kyle is just another one.

Also monies. Id say theyre givin a few pound.

According to stuff about it on google, they don't get paid, they get a free bar, nice hotel for a night, nice car down, and expenses, but it hardly seems worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Free dental!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Why do people willingly go on Jeremy Kyle?

It's all about the...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Some people are willing to go to extraordinary lengths for 'celebrity' status, though Jeremy Kyle has to be at the bottom of that barrel, along with all of those TV judge shows like Judge Judy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Get a job OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought they were given a bit of whatever substance they happen to be addicted to

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They are just trying to keep up with the neighbours who boast they were on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Don't know? DON'T know?

How about we take a lie detector test and see if you're telling the truth?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Don't know? DON'T know?

How about we take a lie detector test and see if you're telling the truth?

WHY DON'T YOU GET OUT OF MY STUDIO YOU LITTLE BOY :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

WHY DON'T YOU GET OUT OF MY STUDIO YOU LITTLE BOY :D

Isn't it time you started facing up to your responsibilities?

You know what?! She's too good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

According to stuff about it on google, they don't get paid, they get a free bar, nice hotel for a night, nice car down, and expenses, but it hardly seems worth it.

Outside of London England is a bit of a craphole. If you are working class what you just mentioned could actually be a once in a lifetime gig for these people. It is sad that they are just used for other people's amusement, like animals in a zoo. Very sad programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Equally important is the question why would anyone watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

They go on it so the odd time that I am hungover I have something to watch on telly. And they are usually in a worse state than me and that makes me feel a bit better about myself.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    They go on it so the odd time that I am hungover I have something to watch on telly. And they are usually in a worse state than me and that makes me feel a bit better about myself.

Bang on the money. I know people who regularly watch this show and some of them admit it is to make them feel better about themselves! A very sad state of affairs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Bang on the money. I know people who regularly watch this show and some of them admit it is to make them feel better about themselves! A very sad state of affairs!

I'm not a sad state of affairs!

Swear on me ma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

The Jeremy Kyle paradox:

An audience applauding an unemployed person being screamed at to get a job when none of them actually have jobs to go to themselves.

• Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

Boskowski wrote: »
    Equally important is the question why would anyone watch it?

Haha! You got there before me, I'd have to question the sanity of anyone who willingly watchs that vile specimen me self. He's a truly nasty little fcuker.

Yakkyda wrote: »
    Haha! You got there before me, I'd have to question the sanity of anyone who willingly watchs that vile specimen me self. He's a truly nasty little fcuker.

Agree. He's an absolute bollix. Happy to make his money by ridiculing the poor but is actually an active member of the conservative party...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2010/oct/07/jeremy-kyle-george-osborne-conservative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I know a girl who was trying to get on it. She wanted access to her daughter, no job, no family, an ex heroin addict, basically no hope. It's very sad in a way but there is plenty more people like her all across the UK basically people who are completely unemployable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Why don't you get off your backside OP and get a job! My tax money is funding your lifestyle! :pac:

*More importantly the UK taxpayers are funding Jeremy Kyle's lifestyle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

Outside of London England is a bit of a craphole.
    You can keep London - I'll stick to my "bit of a craphole" out here in the sticks.

indioblack wrote: »
    You can keep London - I'll stick to my "bit of a craphole" out here in the sticks.

You can keep the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

You can keep the whole thing!

It's all mine?
    Thanks - I think I'll sell it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

£100 cash into your hands and a return bus ticket. It's a no brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jeremy Kyle : When asked if you had sexual contact with any other women apart from Janine, other than the one time she already knows about, you answered false. Why did you say that?

Scrote: Because I was telling the truth Jeremy.

Jeremy Kyle : Test says you're a liar, mate.

Me on couch: Oooooooooohhhh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

All you have to do is look at the 'guests' to understand why they go on the show. You could gather up a years worth of them and still find more intelligence in something you shat out after a night on Guinness.

Well London is the crap hole ;) And I'm pretty sure JK is filmed in Manchester.

But he's taking advantage of people, its exploitation effectively. I'm surprised more isn't said about what a sleazy low life he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Because people are still idiots.

People were always idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I would ask the same of embarrassing bodies. they must get a paycheck, or they just have a narcissistic desire to be on tv.

''my whole family and friends need to know about my genital warts, better get dr pixie to check it out''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I would ask the same of embarrassing bodies. they must get a paycheck, or they just have a narcissistic desire to be on tv.

''my whole family and friends need to know about my genital warts, better get dr pixie to check it out''

Nearly every time I've seen that show it's gone:

"Have you seen your doctor?"
    "No."
    "Why not?"
    "Too embarrassed."
    "Right. Well I see the problem. Your arsehole is so sore and leaking is because despite being in your 40's you've somehow never learned to wipe your arse properly like everyone else."
    "Oh really? Thanks."

YEAH THAT REALLY SAVED YOU THE EMBARRASSMENT OF SEEING YOUR ****ING GP DIDN'T IT?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you haven't seen this, watch it to the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Isn't it time you started facing up to your responsibilities?

You know what?! She's too good for you.

You? A father? Can you spell father?

GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDE AND GET A JOB AND STOP SMOKING CANNABIS :pac:

He's awful he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

PUT SOMETHING ON THE END OF IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

:pac:

I can't stop watching this video :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I can't put up a link but there was an episode where a mother brought her son on to confront him and find out "Has my son destroyed my sex toy?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How's he doing health wise these days? Is he still battling cancer?

How's he doing health wise these days? Is he still battling cancer?

No but his wife was cheating on him with an entire football team apparently, they've separated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I used to watch the show a lot but I dont have time to watch it because I have a job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

To take part in cultural exchanges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Well I doubt they need the money, they must make a f*cking fortune off the tooth fairy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

To retain the dole it should be compulsory to participate on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

No but his wife was cheating on him with an entire football team apparently, they've separated.

If only there was some show he could go on and confront her about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement