Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mint Sauce wrote:
    Soooooo, Sturridge, Bentake, or someone else altogether (other than Ighalo or Vardy)?

Kane or Lukaku surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

spock. wrote: »
    Kane or Lukaku surely

Swinging towards one of them two as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Kun replacement?

Costa Kane or Sturridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

6 players not starting this week, bit of a disaster ! 4 transfers done and still a few defenders left to sort out . at least its the start of the month so that 12 point hit wont hurt my monthly score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

lougal88 wrote: »
    Kun replacement?

Costa Kane or Sturridge?

Kane. Costa definitely no, he's just as likely to be on the bench as starting. Sturridge also high risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

lougal88 wrote: »
    Kun replacement?

Costa Kane or Sturridge?

Kane, other 2 might not start.

For those considering Sturridge, he's going to be rotated heavily until he gets match fit, so it will be a worry each week over his playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Kane. Costa definitely no, he's just as likely to be on the bench as starting. Sturridge also high risk.

Hmmmmm...

But with Allsopp in nets whos gonna be banging them in I wonder??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

GW 16 transfer :: Aguero to Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cabaye to Barkley done!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm in a pickle even though I have two transfers and a strong lineup, I can't bring myself to use a transfer to drop Ighalo or Vardy with their fixtures,
    i'm gonna bank one transfer but my Sanchez replacement is either Hazard or Ozil, I don't want Ozil for long but his next two are hard to ignore, if Walcott got the all clear I'd prefer him.

Much the same situation I was in. I went sanchez to hazard. Hope to get Walcott next week if he looks like starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Sturridge might be a fun punt. Or a disaster. :pac: I could see them destroying Newcastle so I might just take the punt.

Edited: Feck it. I'm doing it. This season has been a mess so far and a failed punt won't have too much impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Gonna leave Aguero in as my first sub is Moreno and I am not sure Kane would outscore Moreno this week by enough to justify a -4. I'll likely do Aguero to Kane next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think I'm gonna stick rather than twist:

7.7m in the bank and 1 FT to make, but think I'll leave it for next week, because the first 11's fixtures are good!

Ruddy (wat)
    Bellerin (SUN), Bertrand (AVL), Nyom (NOR)
    Mahrez (swa), Ozil (SUN), De Bruyne (sto), Barkley (CRY)
    Lukaku (CRY), Kane (wba), Ighalo (NOR)

Subs: McCarthy, Dawson (TOT), Richards (sou), Sinclair (sou)

People see an obvious transfer or should I just roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Anyone getting on the Costa bus??? Home to Bournemouth with a point to prove... I've been burnt by him already this year but know chelsea gonna bash someone soon and it'll only happen if Costa is in the mix.... Am I mad for leaning words him over Kane????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In general for anyone changing forwards or replacing aguero i think you need to look at Spurs next 10 games below. As long as Kane continues to have some form i think hes a great option. Hes not a short term Aguero replacement hes one you can stick in and leave for the run below and who is a great captain option for probably 6 of them.

wba, NEW, sot, NOR, wat, eve, LEI, SUN, cpl, nor, WAT

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

FHFC wrote: »
    In general for anyone changing forwards or replacing aguero i think you need to look at Spurs next 10 games below. As long as Kane continues to have some form i think hes a great option. Hes not a short term Aguero replacement hes one you can stick in and leave for the run below and who is a great captain option for probably 6 of them.

AMEN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Brought him in earlier today for Aguero. Great run of games, looks good for anyone thinking of bringing in a Spurs defender as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Aguero to Kane done, it was him or Pelle as I plan on getting aguero back for the Swansea home game if he's fit, although, if any doubt over him starting I might keep kane, home to Newcastle, actually when I read that out loud, be hard to transfer kane out when he's at home to Newcastle (lukaku & vardy my other 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've got a choice to make.

I'm sold on Sanchez to Hazard but I've got an Aguero shaped problem too.

So do I?:

- Keep Aguero and do Jarvis to Alli.
    - Go for the jugular and get Studge in (Kane and Big Rom my other 2 forwards)
    - Nothing and play Souare hoping everybody else plays and defer my problems to next week.
    - Get PVA in for Davies and captain him away to Arsenal :D

All those would be for -4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I also reckon that Kane will play all of the Christmas fixtures whereas Aguero will likely be rested (if he is even fit in the first place!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Sturridge might be a fun punt. Or a disaster. :pac: I could see them destroying Newcastle so I might just take the punt.

Edited: Feck it. I'm doing it. This season has been a mess so far and a failed punt won't have too much impact.

I like the cut of ur jib,think i"ll follow suit,he cud rip ncastle to shreds even if he only gets 50min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd love to bring in Sturridge too but there's no gurantee he'll start and he is likely to break at any moment. Feic it, now I'm tempted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Brought Deeney in for Aguero and will upgrade my 5th midfielder next week and keep Deeney as my 8th attacker. Getting Aguero for Vardy last week has been a disaster.

I've got a choice to make.

I'm sold on Sanchez to Hazard but I've got an Aguero shaped problem too.

So do I?:

- Keep Aguero and do Jarvis to Alli.
    - Go for the jugular and get Studge in (Kane and Big Rom my other 2 forwards)
    - Nothing and play Souare hoping everybody else plays and defer my problems to next week.
    - Get PVA in for Davies and captain him away to Arsenal :D

All those would be for -4

Get Sturridge. I did it. It'll probably fail epically but you can be my worry buddy as it transpires. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think I am likely to go for Hazard over Ozil simply because I could never see myself captaining Ozil against any opposition, it also means I can wait till the morning as I think I've decided now but may need to sleep on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Get Sturridge. I did it. It'll probably fail epically but you can be my worry buddy as it transpires. :P

I'd say you had balls of steel but you know.......:pac:

I think you've been a bit hasty but it could be a master stroke.

I'd say you had balls of steel but you know.......:pac:

I think you've been a bit hasty but it could be a master stroke.

Yeah that metaphor doesn't real extend in my case. (Balls, extend, stroke *cough cough*)

No, but seriously I know this transfer will either go great or be a mess, but if ever there was a season for acting in haste it's this one. It's been completely strange, and Liverpool are flying and Newcastle are awful. It's the perfect combination to create...something. On Sunday, we'll find out what. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I pulled the WC trigger, happy enough with my team, if Aguero does get fit, i'll need to downgrade one of KDB/Ozil/Hazard but will cross that bridge when i come to it - hopefully Hazard finds some form tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right. I arranged my team around and for Agüero last GW as part of a -8 hoping to get ahead of the curve re-Agüero (since I was so late on Lukaku, I figured there was no point getting the Belgian for 1 or 2 weeks).

Well the backfiring is the worst I ever experienced in the game in 5 years. On one hand there's the point hits, on the other hand the wasted points for not getting in the right players. And on top of that, having a team arranged around an injured player.

So here I am.

Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Bellerin Bertrand Souaré Simpson
    KDB Özil Mahrez Deulofeu Wanyama
    Agüero Kane Vardy

I did Sanchez to Özil earlier in the week.
    What now?

Agüero to Lukaku? Benteke? Sturridge? Ighalo?

• Advertisement

I'm tempted. Really tempted but it's so crazy it probably won't work :pac:

I'm tempted. Really tempted but it's so crazy it probably won't work :pac:

JOIN ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

iroced wrote: »
    Right. I arranged my team around and for Agüero last GW as part of a -8 hoping to get ahead of the curve re-Agüero (since I was so late on Lukaku, I figured there was no point getting the Belgian for 1 or 2 weeks).

Well the backfiring is the worst I ever experienced in the game in 5 years. On one hand there's the point hits, on the other hand the wasted points for not getting in the right players. And on top of that, having a team arranged around an injured player.

So here I am.

Myhill Hennessey
    Agüero Kane Vardy

What now?

Earlier in the week I done a -8

Sanchez to Ozil
    McCsrthy to DDG
    Prodl to Berty

Cut my losses on Aguero and shipped him out for Benteke today for another -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm in. Had planned on dropping the game entirely for the season but thought I'd give it one last hurrah for the hell of it. Sturridge in for kun. Here goes everything (including my sanity)!

I'm in. Had planned on dropping the game entirely for the season but thought I'd give it one last hurrah for the hell of it. Sturridge in for kun. Here goes everything (including my sanity)!

Welcome aboard. Dear other FPLers, please don't hold me responsible when/if this backfires spectacularly. :P

JOIN ME.

But Jarvis to Alli to buff out my squad and await Sergio's glorious return at home to Swansea makes a lot of sense.

And I'm very sensible :)

But then again I don't seem to have much choice :pac:

• Advertisement

So here I am.

Myhill Hennessey
    Agüero Kane Vardy

What now?

Of those I'd go for Benteke and Lukaku in that order. Would be shocked if Sturridge started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Already done Sanchez to Ozil with FT. Now Begovic and Aguero giving me a headache!!

Begovic
    Bellerin VanDijk Toby Moreno
    Mane(c) DeBruyne Ozil Mahrez
    Deeney Lukaku

Subs: McCarthy, Aguero, Lingard, Targett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Zouma and Kane for Aguero and Dann. Only brought Dann in last week, really didn't think that one through. So tempted to go with Sturridge but I can't see him starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Took in Deulofeu & Alli for Sanchez & Sinclair.

Really tough decision to choose my replacement for Sanchez, I had my heart set on Coutinho I really wanted Liverpool attacking coverage but alas he was ruled out. I could have had Barkley, Mane, Hazard, Ayew any number of good choices out there but went with Deulofeu (fck me that's a bastard of a name to spell).

It has left me 6.7m in the bank for next week when maybe Sturridge or Aguero could both be options. I'm sitting in the top 2k so maybe I should have just took Barkley as he's so highly owned and sort of covered myself, ah well we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just the 5 changes this week, nothing major. Ozil, De Bruyne, Hazard, Deeney and De Gea in for Sanchez, Firmino, Drinkwater, Aguero and Begovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Just the 5 changes this week, nothing major. Ozil, De Bruyne, Hazard, Deeney and De Gea in for Sanchez, Firmino, Drinkwater, Aguero and Begovic.

Sláinte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I have exactly enough to do Aguero>Kane and Wanyama>Hazard for a -8...but I can't pull the trigger. I see people considering Chelsea mids vs Bournemouth...what about Willian? Seems to be the only Chelsea player on decent form.

I have exactly enough to do Aguero>Kane and Wanyama>Hazard for a -8...but I can't pull the trigger. I see people considering Chelsea mids vs Bournemouth...what about Willian? Seems to be the only Chelsea player on decent form.

I think Willian has been their best player this season and he's in my team. Problem is if they score 2,3,4 goals, which is likely, will it be Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Pedro or Willian who are on the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

anyone think the ox might start getting 90mins now with arsenals injurys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I think Willian has been their best player this season and he's in my team. Problem is if they score 2,3,4 goals, which is likely, will it be Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Pedro or Willian who are on the end of it.

Costa is hit and miss atm. Especially with his behaviour lately..never rated Oscar tbh. Then it's down to Hazard, Pedro and Willian. Hazard off-form, Pedro/Willian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could someone explain to me all the love for Chelsea players this week?

Is there something I missed last week?
    I watched their game and there was no sign of improvement imo. It was terrible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

So here I am.

Myhill Hennessey
    Agüero Kane Vardy

What now?

Do nothing and play 4-4-2? or 3-5-2?

Costa is hit and miss atm. Especially with his behaviour lately..never rated Oscar tbh. Then it's down to Hazard, Pedro and Willian. Hazard off-form, Pedro/Willian?

Of all those players Wiilian is the one assured of the most minutes.

Can't believe you don't rate Oscar as he's the one I'd take to my club if I had the choice.

wonski wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me all the love for Chelsea players this week?

Is there something I missed last week?
    I watched their game and there was no sign of improvement imo. It was terrible tbh.

They are improving though and Bournemouth concede goals. Lots of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hazard has actually improved and has been unlucky not to get FF Points in the last few weeks

Sure it's a gamble playing him but Bournemouth are fairly weak defensively and no1 keeper is injured and reports that back up borc is also injured - so possibly third choice in goals would suggest an even weaker defensive display

• Advertisement
Advertisement