Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 corrupting music

• 28-11-2015 5:37pm

I've been having an issue for ages with my iPhone 6 where random music files just won't play fully. For example, today I noticed that a particular track that played fine before would now only play the first 16 seconds and skip to the next one. If I delete it from the phone and let iTunes sync it back from the PC, it plays fine, but it's not long before I find that another track is affected.

I never remember it happening on my old iPhone 4. Is anyone here experiencing this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Corruption can often happen during iTunes sync if there's any interruption or a USB problem. Or there could be an issue with your computer's iTunes library. But if it keeps happened to the same songs that would suggest an encoding issue.

It's not the same songs, a lot of my library is synced with iTunes Match too, so those ones should be OK.

But, you've planted an idea in my head. I think I'll try restoring the phone using my other Lightning cable, just in case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is iTunes Match enabled on the iPhone?

No, I only have USB sync enabled.

iTunes Match might be part of the problem. Are all the songs downloaded and stored locally on your computer? Did you re-download matched tracks? Because partial downloads are pretty common with iTunes Match.

• Advertisement

I have everything downloaded locally alright. I did redownload any matched tracks except for those with a higher bit-rate; I have two lossless albums that I ripped from my own CDs for example. The funny thing is, if I play that exact same file in iTunes, it's OK. It will also be OK on the phone once I delete it and run another iTunes sync.

Advertisement