Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pub Grub in Dublin

Options
  • 28-11-2015 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

What Bars in Dublin has the best pub grub?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The Bull and Castle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Looking for a menu similar to Soho in cork and perhaps be able to watch a match

http://soho.ie/en-us/viewmenu.aspx?url=soho.rpcconsultants.com/Portals/47/Menus/SoHo-Dinner-AlaCarte.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Gleesons in Booterstown or the Merrion Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Sinnotts on Stephens Green would cater to both your needs. Good grub and big screens for matches. That is if it was a city centre spot you were after..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Gleesons in Booterstown or the Merrion Inn

Gleesons is over rated. Food there is average at best.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I think I might try the bull and castle but it seems more formal and a bit more of a restaurant, ill be on my own you see and just want to go in read the paper have a few pints and a nice meal as a break to my xmas shopping

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think I might try the bull and castle but it seems more formal and a bit more of a restaurant, ill be on my own you see and just want to go in read the paper have a few pints and a nice meal as a break to my xmas shopping
    It's a proper pub upstairs. Don't go in the main door, go in by the right-hand side near the outdoor seating and straight up the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Gleesons is over rated. Food there is average at best.

Agree, Gleesons is poor at best, and M1 is too expensive for average food

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Also Toasted Specials in The Sackville Lounge are fairly high on the list In my opinion

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just had a very nice lunch in East Side Tavern. Not sure about their evening offering but a mate really enjoyed their charcuterie/cheese platter a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

The Bull and Castle

Food is good but the drink is a rip off. A few of us were drinking different beers and they all ranged €6.50 to €6.80/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Mulligans in Stoneybatter is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not too many pubs with good food in Dublin TBH. Lots with bog standard fare and carvery. Mulligans in Stoneybatter, Camden Exchange on Camden Street, Exchequer on Exchequer Street, Ashton's in Clonskeagh are some that come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FRI Investments

East Side Tavern is quite good. Large beer selection too. However, I still think the hole on the wall in Blackhorse avenue is the best around. Good value, good portions and the Christmas decorations they put up ever year get better and better. Like being in Santa's grotto. Worth a visit just for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FRI Investments

dudara wrote: »
    Ashton's in Clonskeagh

Ashtons is one of the better Gastro pubs going. Nice smoking area aswell along the river Dodder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Food is good but the drink is a rip off. A few of us were drinking different beers and they all ranged €6.50 to €6.80/

Yeah the Bull and Castle is an awful rip, Craft beer is generally more expensive but they seem to have bigger mark ups than other places (for the same beers/ciders)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The Addison lodge in glasnevin is nice enough,prices are reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Against the Grain (five min walk from Stephen's Green) and The Black Sheep (five mins walk from Jervis Centre) have the same owners and are both really nice pubs with great food and great beer selections.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah the Bull and Castle is an awful rip, Craft beer is generally more expensive but they seem to have bigger mark ups than other places (for the same beers/ciders)
    Any time I'm in there's a cask ale for €4.50 a pint, cheaper than anywhere save Wetherspoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

The long stone up near store street does nice pub grub to be fair

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

57 the Headline on Clambrassil Street does pretty decent food and has a good craft beer selection. I used to go there far more than the Bull and Castle for dinner and a pint when I lived halfway between both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Brannigans on Cathereral St is good for grub opposite the Tax office just off O'Connell st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

If you're in town looking for a good feed and not having to wait - head to O'Neills on Suffolk st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Hootanany wrote: »
    Brannigans on Cathereral St is good for grub opposite the Tax office just off O'Connell st.

Have to agree. Very good grub at good prices too. Slaterrys on capel street is a good spot too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

The Porterhouse on Nassau St (forget the temple bar one, if your alone) Food wise, I've only had the wings and they were GREAT plus being the POrterhouse, it has more beer than you can shake a stick at. Not intimidating if your on your own of an afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

any decent spots around city centre that would also show the premier league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

any decent spots around city centre that would also show the premier league?

O'Neill's, The Bankers.

Advertisement