Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soffit lighting

Options
  • 28-11-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I have five recessed lights in my soffit which have not worked for some time. I purchased replacement led lights which are smaller than the original lights. I do not want to drill more holes in the soffit so I was wondering is there any kind of a sleeve or fitting i can get to make the led lights fit.
    Any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Driminagh wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have five recessed lights in my soffit which have not worked for some time. I purchased replacement led lights which are smaller than the original lights. I do not want to drill more holes in the soffit so I was wondering is there any kind of a sleeve or fitting i can get to make the led lights fit.
    Any ideas please

Downlight adaptor plate.
    Can't link sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Driminagh

Tks Meercat,

As far as I can see a downlight adapter plate can only be got for internal use, I cant find a supplier who has them for external use. If you know where they can be got in please let me know, Thanks again for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Perhaps the new fittings will fit inside the existing light fitting with a bit of adaptation

Alternatively
    Screw a timber or pvc plate over the existing hole and drill a smaller opening to suit the new fitting

This may also be possible with the adaptor plate as the plate itself could be used with your new fittings.

Advertisement