Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir vision picture breakup

Options
  • 28-11-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I moved my eir vision+ box to a different room and connected using home plugs but now the picture is unwatchable - constantly pixellated and breaking up with intermittent sound. I think the problem is with the home plugs though, as I didn't have this problem when the box was connected directly to the modem. The problem is we use the other room more often. I wasn't given the option to install the box in the other room, and had to ring eir to get the home plugs delivered after the installation - they were listed on the contract and then not left here during the install. I'm not really sure what to do here, because the box is pretty much useless at this stage, because I won't use it in one room and can't use it in the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

If you've long enough ether net cables,etc try using the home plugs in different sockets? Don't plug into multi socket adapters if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

jd wrote: »
    If you've long enough ether net cables,etc try using the home plugs in different sockets? Don't plug into multi socket adapters if possible.
    Thanks JD. I'll try that later. The socket is in an extension and maybe a feed from another socket - I'm not 100% sure. I can borrow a long cable from work and try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I had the plug attached to modem plugged into an adapter. I plugged the homeplug into the wall and then the adapter into the homeplug and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

I had the plug attached to modem plugged into an adapter. I plugged the homeplug into the wall and then the adapter into the homeplug and it worked a treat.

Yup, that's the way it should be done. Otherwise you get interference on the signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Great to hear you got this sorted hot buttered scones - Massive thanks to jd

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement