Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPG

Options
  • 28-11-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm wondering why LPG suppliers and filling stations are price fixing autogas prices. They should by way lower what they are at. I enquired with calor getting LPG autogas supply bulk and was advised by rep and advised by calor they would not supply me and if I got my own supply I would be bombed out of house this is crazy I complained and was swept under the carpet by calor. Govt needs to change legislation and make sure they sell at rrp prices or get fined. There has to be a investigation into LPG autogas cartels companies and gas companies screwing over customers currently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The Revenue Commisioners do not allow Auto LPG to be supplied to other than LPG service stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 No Freeview From Limavady

aujopimur wrote: »
    The Revenue Commisioners do not allow Auto LPG to be supplied to other than LPG service stations.

What are you chatting about of course you are get your facts staight! Why does not the govt not investigate LPG companies like calor and flogas and filling stations that sell autogas in Donegal the cartel is working Jr Ewing would not be able to keep up them. Bloody gangsters calor flogas and service stations that sell autogas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm not sure what the issue is. You cannot bulk buy autogas at home. Service stations should be around 63p/L. There's nl more price fixing for LPG than for petrol or diesel.

I'm not sure what the issue is. You cannot bulk buy autogas at home. Service stations should be around 63p/L. There's nl more price fixing for LPG than for petrol or diesel.

In Burt Donegal its 75.9c where what can I do? There making 20c a litre. I think u can bulk from UK.

In Burt Donegal its 75.9c where what can I do? There making 20c a litre. I think u can bulk from UK.

75.9c is a rip off for LPG autogas in Burt co.Donegal. It has to be brought down by calor and service station in question. Not right what there doing price fixing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just checked locally in the North East and, my apologies I mis-typed and meant 73c , it's actually running at 77c to 79c. So, you are getting it cheaper. Still not sure what you mean by price fixing though.

Just checked locally in the North East and, my apologies I mis-typed and meant 73c , it's actually running at 77c to 79c. So, you are getting it cheaper. Still not sure what you mean by price fixing though.

I've got information calor sells it to filling station for 55c a litre. That's 20c a litre profit there making a litre. It's due a price fall LPG would urge anyone to get onto calor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I've got information calor sells it to filling station for 55c a litre. That's 20c a litre profit there making a litre. It's due a price fall LPG would urge anyone to get onto calor.

The 75c inc VAT at 23%, so they are actually selling it at 61c per litre. Calor are probably quoting the ex. VAT price they are charging so the service station is only making a margin (not profit) of 6c per litre, out of the 6c margin per litre, the station has to pay for things like wages, insurance, rates etc.

Can you please explain what you mean by "price fixing"?

Selling at the RRP would actually be price fixing

jahalpin wrote: »
    Can you please explain what you mean by "price fixing"?

Selling at the RRP would actually be price fixing

The point is they are not selling at rrp but above! There is a big issue here scrappy service. Not quality

• Advertisement

The point is they are not selling at rrp but above! There is a big issue here scrappy service. Not quality

In navan and in Dublin LPG being sold at pimp at 65.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

In navan and in Dublin LPG being sold at pimp at 65.9c

So what, petrol in dublin at the moment is about 126c. In Donegal its 136c.

ken wrote: »
    So what, petrol in dublin at the moment is about 126c. In Donegal its 136c.

The point is there should be a fuel regulator here in Ireland that it can be controlled fuel companies are making millions profit.

Can I ask you question seem you have a personal interest are you working for calor or flogas or a vested interested in a LPG forecourt please disclose it

What is the RRP of LPG?

jahalpin wrote: »
    What is the RRP of LPG?

Calor flogas who I think in Ireland work together are telling forecourts to sell at what ever they want there has to be a change in legislation in this regard its not fair good for business to do this to consumers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The point is there should be a fuel regulator here in Ireland that it can be controlled fuel companies are making millions profit.

Can I ask you question seem you have a personal interest are you working for calor or flogas or a vested interested in a LPG forecourt please disclose it

Not that I have to but I have not now or ever worked for any oil or gas company. Wouldn't know the first thing about it other than my mother still has a gas oven and I put petrol in my car. Also I don't have a personal interest. To the best of my knowledge I've never even seen an LPG car. I was just stating a fact.

Just cause something is cheaper somewhere else doesn't mean price fixing. It's called the free market. If you want cheaper anything protest with your wallet/purse by going elsewhere.
    Calor flogas who I think in Ireland work together are telling forecourts to sell at what ever they want there has to be a change in legislation in this regard its not fair good for business to do this to consumers.

That's the free market. If I buy something off you today for €10 and turn around tomorrow and sell it for €100 what can you do about it.
    Lpg are a tiny percentage of cars. If a gas company turned around tomorrow and told the stations they could only sell for €x the stations would stop selling it. A station local to me got rid of theirs cause there was no demand for it. They put in an extra petrol/diesel pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just because someone has a contrary opinion to yours doesn't mean they have a vested interest. That kind of question is not welcome in this forum and to honest, it weakens your own position when you resort to that.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Fuel is a world commodity - raw oil and gas price changes everyday everywhere in the world.

It would be impossible to regulate prices. In any case lpg competes against diesel and petrol. It depends on a large price difference to get people to switch.

As for "profits" - maybe do a tiny bit of research before writing bull.
    Applegreen and DCC (TOP) publish their accounts. On fuel DCC made net profit of 1.6% and applegreen was 1.4%.

Considering supermarkets make about 6% and TK Maxx are at over 20% (that's high), i reckon fuel stations are very fair in their charging.

But sure why let facts get in the way of a whine?

Btw - here's prices for all of Europe www.mylpg.eu

Advertisement