Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are women wearing wool or fur hats with missing tops?

• 28-11-2015 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I can't understand this phenomenon.
    They aren't head bands because they are too wide and they aren't hats.
    It's cold and wet in this country most of the time so what is the point of these head devices?
    Who sold these garments to these women and how did these women part with hard earned money?

637264-no-top-twist-wool-hat-46102.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I wear those! :D

It's so it doesn't mess up my ponytail/bun/hairclips, but still keeps my head and, in particular, ears warm.

Well that's my reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I don't wear them but -

It gives more heat than a headband, while not wrecking your hair the way a hat does.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

Posy wrote: »
    I wear those! :D

It's so it doesn't mess up my ponytail/bun/hairclips, but still keeps my head and, in particular, ears warm.

Well that's my reason!

The top of your head gets cold and wet doesn't it?
    A hat with a hole in the top makes as much sense as a boat with no bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

I don't wear them but -

It gives more heat than a headband, while not wrecking your hair the way a hat does.

Doesn't rain wreck your hair more? Isn't a wet cold head worse than tossed hair? Think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You can't wear a hat when you've a bun or a ponytail cos you look like you've a deformed head. These enable you to wear your hair in a bun and still have the benefits of a hat. Don't own one myself but see nothing wrong with how they look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Doesn't rain wreck your hair more? Isn't a wet cold head worse than tossed hair? Think about it!

People wear hats in cold weather, not just rainy weather!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And this is a Gentlemen's Club subject how? Closed. Maybe try the fashion and appearance forum?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement