Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CD Recorder

• 28-11-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been done before.

A friend of mine is looking for a CD recorder. Something that he can use to record LPs, FM, cassettes, etc onto a CD. He currently has a Phillips unit that is quite a few years old but it's become unreliable of late.

This friend is a little behind the curve when it comes to computers, MP3, etc so he'd prefer to just replace the Philips unit with something similar.

I searched online and came up with this TEAC unit. It's available from Richersounds but not cheap!

Is there anything else that I could recommend to him? Is there a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin that might be able to help him?

EDIT: It needs to be a separate as the rest of his system is composed of separates. Optical links are probably not necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have a Pioneer PDR609 that I haven't used in a long time if someone wanted to rehome it?
    I kept it after I migrated to digital copies instead of cd, but it is a pretty decent spec CD player and DAC.

In fact I have just noticed it has a headphones socket which is interesting.

From doing a quick search and reading the manual (http://www.manualslib.com/download/130088/Pioneer-Pdr-609.html):
    manual wrote:

The PDR 609 is only compatible with special consumer-use CD-R and CD-RW discs. These are clearly marked For Music Use Only, For Consumer, or For Con- sumer Use. Other types of CD-R or CD-RW discs, such as those available for computer-based CD recorders, will not work with this recorder.

I don't have any of these discs left but if your friend has a source then happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Having used the TEAC cdr unit, I would highly recommend it.
    Even the lpr series gives a fantastic quality reproduction considering the cheap arm in use.

~Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I have a Phillips one knocking around somewhere but I'll have to dig it out. I'll get back to you.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    I have a Phillips one knocking around somewhere but I'll have to dig it out. I'll get back to you.

Finally! It was buried under a few other units!

It's a Philips CDR 760. €60 and I'll even deliver it in the Dublin area (within reason!). PM me if interested.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/180064/Philips-Cdr760-05.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Finally! It was buried under a few other units!

It's a Philips CDR 760. €60 and I'll even deliver it in the Dublin area (within reason!). PM me if interested.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/180064/Philips-Cdr760-05.html

Thanks for getting back, Slaphead.

My friend has since bought a Denon CD player. I texted him with your offer but he's happy with what he has now and passes on his thanks.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back, Slaphead.

My friend has since bought a Denon CD player. I texted him with your offer but he's happy with what he has now and passes on his thanks.

No problem.

Advertisement