Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arriving December (Vancouver) Madness?

Options
  • 28-11-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey folks,
    Just wondering is it madness to arrive in Vancouver during December (Christmas etc) in terms of starting job hunting/house hunt and all that goes with starting a new life in Canada etc.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Have a great weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

matthew86 wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Just wondering is it madness to arrive in Vancouver during December (Christmas etc) in terms of starting job hunting/house hunt and all that goes with starting a new life in Canada etc.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Have a great weekend!

I spent some time in Alberta and Christmas isn't such a big deal there as it is here...Its pretty much just the 2 days and then NYE and the next day...and that is it. Not everyone's a christian like here, but the majority are.
    But I cant speak for Vancouver...

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Although not everyone is Christian, a lot of business close for a bit and lots of people take time over over Christmas regardless of what faith they are.

From a job hunting point of view it is a slow time from what I've heard. Most companies will wait until the new year. I'd say similar with house hunting. I would say less people will be moving on NYE so less property will be available.

I'm sure there will be houses available and companies recruiting but maybe not as much as in the new year. But if you arrive around Christmas, at least you'll be ready for the new year when things pick up again.

Hope the move goes well!

Advertisement