Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Did anybody have trouble with the website around 9 o'clock last night, it took ages for the site to refresh for me meaning I hadn't a clue what was happening as the Tony O'Donovan bid was closing. Checked website this morning and I'm getting instantaneous response.

20% of their loan is offered at 6% interest, which is incredible.

A lot of facials, pediucures and manicures there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Did anybody have trouble with the website around 9 o'clock last night, it took ages for the site to refresh for me meaning I hadn't a clue what was happening as the Tony O'Donovan bid was closing. Checked website this morning and I'm getting instantaneous response.

yeah it went slow just before 9 literally, assume some issue with load or closing the loan

manafana wrote: »
    yeah it went slow just before 9 literally, assume some issue with load or closing the loan

Ta, that's the first time I have come across that

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Yes, I did. I was streaming a match and thought it was overload on my laptop! Linked was fine later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

Me too, wasn't able to put in a fresh bid because the loan page didn't load.

I bid 100 each on james o connell and on model telecom but my bids are shown as danu group and modelkev. Who am I lending to? who is the legal borrower? Transparency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Just noticed the same myself, was wondering who DanuGroup are.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

For transferring money to Mintos the instructions aren't the best. They have their IBAN and BIC up but how do they know the money is for my account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

For transferring money to Mintos the instructions aren't the best. They have their IBAN and BIC up but how do they know the money is for my account?

You type in the info box for the transfer ''Add funds to Investor Account No XXXXX''. If you log in, and go to the Deposit/Widthdraw page that lists the BIC and IBAN etc, you will see your unique Investor Account No.

• Advertisement

sceach16 wrote: »
    I bid 100 each on james o connell and on model telecom but my bids are shown as danu group and modelkev. Who am I lending to? who is the legal borrower? Transparency?

Amazing ! Names changed !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Looks like a cock up/ITprobs but also likely loan rejected. linked finance IT not great recently. I emailed Linked asking for info to lenders.

Hey, I've been following this thread for a while now, as I was in two minds about whether or not I was going to invest some money into Linked Finance. The discussion has been very insightful so thanks.

In relation to the IT problems I've seen you highlight recently. I heard that their lead web developer left the company a few weeks ago. So maybe that's the cause of a lot of the issues they've had recently.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Hey, I've been following this thread for a while now, as I was in two minds about whether or not I was going to invest some money into Linked Finance. The discussion has been very insightful so thanks.

Seconded on the discussion - sceach16 in particular you have been very helpful!

Interest rates are being driven very low right now. Great for Irish businesses, not great for my returns. Mintos is offering guaranteed loans at 12.5% right now - a higher interest rate than many Linked Finance loans, and with added security. Given the short terms on offer, the compound annual growth rate on any investment will also be much better.

Interest rates are being driven very low right now. Great for Irish businesses, not great for my returns. Mintos is offering guaranteed loans at 12.5% right now - a higher interest rate than many Linked Finance loans, and with added security. Given the short terms on offer, the compound annual growth rate on any investment will also be much better.

Yes but lots of nice foody etc loans. I refer to my earlier post on the topic(268 on Page 18). What I call business loans (ie. not glamorous, cuddly or whatever term U may wish) do not generally get good rates. I prefer them and am getting 13.8 to date. I would be happy with anything above 13 as long as I do not have bad loans (none to date 8months lending). I am parochial and will stay in my own patch for the time being.

Yes but lots of nice foody etc loans. I refer to my earlier post on the topic(268 on Page 18). What I call business loans (ie. not glamorous, cuddly or whatever term U may wish) do not generally get good rates. I prefer them and am getting 13.8 to date. I would be happy with anything above 13 as long as I do not have bad loans (none to date 8months lending). I am parochial and will stay in my own patch for the time being.

Understandable given that many of those companies give nice perks. I actually look more so for the companies which aren't glamorous.

What is the consensus on Partystop? Due to close tonight, but people have been slow to invest. Despite the losses in recent years, the increase in turnover and assets are making me lean towards investing.

Understandable given that many of those companies give nice perks. I actually look more so for the companies which aren't glamorous.

What is the consensus on Partystop? Due to close tonight, but people have been slow to invest. Despite the losses in recent years, the increase in turnover and assets are making me lean towards investing.

I am now close to fully invested....average per loan 162 euro....and am putting 100 in current loans. this gets my 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Have been trying all 3 sites grid finance, linked finance and mintos. Each deffo has good points about them. So far grid is coming out the worst. 2 loans on the site so far and both have needed at least one extension to hit their target.

Mintos is an interesting site to use especially as not all terms are the same length and you can drop into loans that have all ready started

Linked finance i'm enjoying the site and i like the ideas of the extras some of the companies are offering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

scheister wrote: »
    Have been trying all 3 sites grid finance, linked finance and mintos. Each deffo has good points about them. So far grid is coming out the worst. 2 loans on the site so far and both have needed at least one extension to hit their target.

Mintos is an interesting site to use especially as not all terms are the same length and you can drop into loans that have all ready started

Linked finance i'm enjoying the site and i like the ideas of the extras some of the companies are offering

IMO I think Mintos is so user friendly and transparent. It is honestly one of the best designed websites I have been on recently. I love their autoinvest. Apparently on their site they dont have any bad debts so far. Someone online said that Mintos loan providers tend to buy back the bad debts. So Mintos doesnt really have bad debts. I dont know how true this is though. Interestingly on Mintos, the tardiness of payments varies greatly from country to country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

Linked Finance were included in the Sunday Business Post Hot 100 Irish start ups list. Thought you might be interested in hearing the following from the profile

Peter O'Mahony said that at the moment there were " zero defaults and zero arrears" on Linked Finance, adding " all our loans are bang up to date".
    O'Mahony said that there were systems in place to protect the lender if businesses do default in the future.

Everyone here should set Tom Lyons the Sunday Business Post Business editor straight @TomLyonsBiz on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Outrageous un-researched junk by the Sunday Business Post. A lot of their 'articles' read like advertisements for business rather than balanced journalistic pieces.

JTMan wrote: »
    Outrageous un-researched junk by the Sunday Business Post. A lot of their 'articles' read like advertisements for business rather than balanced journalistic pieces.

key to it is sell papers, article like that sell papers, the quality etc doesn't matter, my missus business is included in the 100, and she said the piece on them is even a little bending of the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

1st payment on first loan on mintos and the payment is late that's a great start :P

1st payment on first loan on mintos and the payment is late that's a great start :P

Hope it has the buyback guarantee. If you do get a late payment, usually it is higher than the original anticipated payment.

This loan closed on 24 March.Today (11 April) , my bid was returned with no interest. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

This loan closed on 24 March.Today (11 April) , my bid was returned with no interest. Not good enough.

That's an outrageous length of time to wait for your own money back. The sooner the CBI regulate P2P the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Have an interest (sorry) in this sector with a while. Never dipped toe in yet.

I see a crowd called Orca Money who say they provide P2P analysis.
    Is this any help in comparing different providers?

Thats a big issue with Linked Finance. The bidding process takes an awfully long time, and then it takes often weeks to process the loan after that. Finally, you wait a month after that date for a repayment! I got my first repayment on Linked Finance yesterday - despite joining 6 weeks ago.

I have had bids which have been through the live bidding process, only for the money to be returned weeks later because the borrower doesnt like the interest rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Have you viewed their stats on mintos? Estonian Loans are generally half as late as Latvian loans are. While Georgians are either current or very late

https://www.mintos.com/en/statistics/

• Advertisement

interesting estonia has no 60 day plus, if more czech and polish loans come on board id be keen, closer to Russia an economy is right now the more cautious id be.

Advertisement