Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Wheety wrote: »
    It seems that waiting until near the closing time of a loan is now a very popular tactic on LinkedFinance to get the highest percentage. Just looking at the loan which closed tonight. It closed with just a few people at 13.9.

I've never seen it this bad :D

Can't really complain as I've done it too. If that's how the system is set up people will 'bid' like this. It's like Ebay when there's a popular item.

I've never seen it this good!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

It seems that waiting until near the closing time of a loan is now a very popular tactic on LinkedFinance to get the highest percentage. Just looking at the loan which closed tonight. It closed with just a few people at 13.9.

I've never seen it this bad :D

juwltj.jpg

Can't really complain as I've done it too. If that's how the system is set up people will 'bid' like this. It's like Ebay when there's a popular item.
    It's a lot more fun to have a guess earlier on! The interest rates are starting to pick up again in the past week. They also fixed the 8% default, they're listening, albeit slow to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah, it is quite fun actually. I went in on that loan at 13.5 a few days before it closed. Love it when I get it spot on :cool:

Missed that one by 0.3 though :mad:

Yeah, it is quite fun actually. I went in on that loan at 13.5 a few days before it closed. Love it when I get it spot on :cool:

Missed that one by 0.3 though :mad:

The delay makes it a bit hard to guess on the more active loans. My 13.9 tonight was displayed as live in the closing seconds, but jumped to 13.7's being rejected.

Take a look at the Q/A.....transparency being dragged out.....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

sceach16 wrote: »
    Take a look at the Q/A.....transparency being dragged out.....:confused:

it's a bit of an obnoxious comment in my view. Are you going to change your mind about investing based on the answer? I wouldn't touch them!

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    it's a bit of an obnoxious comment in my view. Are you going to change your mind about investing based on the answer? I wouldn't touch them!

The response to my second question is good enough for me. I will bid my usual 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The first of the fixed rate loans has been launched this evening, business (one already funded by LF) looking for €15k at a fixed rate of 8.5% for 12 months, on a first come first served basis, when they reach the €15k the loan closes, over €1k funded already.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The first of the fixed rate loans has been launched this evening, business (one already funded by LF) looking for €15k at a fixed rate of 8.5% for 12 months, on a first come first served basis, when they reach the €15k the loan closes, over €1k funded already.

Where do you see that loan?

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Where do you see that loan?

Got an email with a link, just reading the email again the loan is only available to the long term lenders for the first 24 hours, so it should be available on the site tomorrow evening, assuming it's not over-subscribed by then.

• Advertisement

8.5 too low for me. Have 100 to them previously@14.7 over 3 years.

8.5 too low for me. Have 100 to them previously@14.7 over 3 years.

The 8.5% is over 1 year

The 8.5% is over 1 year

8.5% per annum over 1 year vs 14.7% pa over 3 years. 6.2% (gross per annum) is good premium for a longer loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

€100 over three years at 14.7% will return €3.45 per month.
    Total interest after 3 years is €24.27 (€12.82 after 1 year).

€100 over 1 year at 8.5% will return €8.72 per month.
    Total interest after 1 year is €4.66 presuming it's still an amortization loan like the current ones are.

Not sure if the higher monthly returns, which means you can lend it out quicker again, will work out better.

Somebody liked it, filled within 8 hours, 2 lenders took nearly 90% of the loan between them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I see Mintos mentioned here a lot as an alternative to Linked Finance. Does it really matter if Irish nationals provide Passport number rather than PPSN?

I have a query in the Q/A section outstanding for some days. A response would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

traprunner wrote: »
    I see Mintos mentioned here a lot as an alternative to Linked Finance. Does it really matter if Irish nationals provide Passport number rather than PPSN?

If Mintos ask for "passport number or tax number" then you are free to just supply your passport number.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I have a query in the Q/A section outstanding for some days. A response would be helpful.

cant get over the staff costs relative to turnover. must be a nightmare of a business to own. not for me to invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

JTMan wrote: »
    If Mintos ask for "passport number or tax number" then you are free to just supply your passport number.

I use mintos more then the other 2 sites atm. I just provided my passport number as the government ID and their was no issue

• Advertisement

How about a dedicated Mintos thread? Or perhaps a more broad P2P Lending thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I think a dedicated Mintos thread is a good idea!

Still waiting for response......:confused::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Why are you writing this here?:confused:

Why are you writing this here?:confused:

So others on the forum will be aware of the failure to respond to Q/A and draw an appropriate inference!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

Cute Hoor,

For the fixed loan was it the same type of information provided as for the auction loans
    Business Profile, Financial Statements , Q&A ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭m320325

Strettie11 wrote: »
    Cute Hoor,

For the fixed loan was it the same type of information provided as for the auction loans
    Business Profile, Financial Statements , Q&A ?

Yes it was exactly the same, except when placing a bid the rate was fixed at 8.5%. Total loan amount was 15,000. It ended very quickly as one lender made 5 bids of 2,000 @ 8.50%. I think another bid around 2k or 3k. Then the balance was in smaller amounts.

So others on the forum will be aware of the failure to respond to Q/A and draw an appropriate inference!

Still waiting.....29 April 21.30 still waiting! lenders could draw an inference.......response please, soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭m320325

I've noticed many times in the past Linkedfinance use photographs of people who are unconnected with the borrower (maybe called stock photography), I sometimes do a reverse image search on google

eg Brompton Recruitment Limited

The main photo is on this website and many other websites:
    washingtonpost.com/sf/brand-connect/wp/enterprise/middle-market-hiring-gains-momentum-next-stop-economic-growth/

Does any else find this a bit misleading, at the beginning I used to assume the business premises photo and the people in the photos were connected to the business until one day I personally knew a sole trader who was in his 60s but I wondered who is the guy in the photograph (maybe in his 30s). I understand many news websites do this (use stock photography) but I think it would be more personal if the borrower included their own photo.
    Maybe its just me

another:
    Triace Ltd, main photo also used here:
    commercialwindowcleaninginc.com/pressure-washing

also on the Triace Ltd profile, theres a photo of a machine called 'VX200 4H'

I looks like the exact same photo from here except the SDMO Logo has been replaced with Triace:
    btpmat.fr/groupe-de-soudage-200a-continu-weldarc-intens-vx-200-4-h-sdmo-moteur-honda-gx-390.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Still waiting.....29 April 21.30 still waiting! lenders could draw an inference.......response please, soon.

Do you believe this company is on this thread?

Advertisement