Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Do you believe this company is on this thread?

Linked monitor it (prob Mon/Fri only). I also put it on the Q/A. Transparency generally only comes when it is extracted by public comment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

sceach16 wrote: »
    Linked monitor it (prob Mon/Fri only). I also put it on the Q/A. Transparency generally only comes when it is extracted by public comment

Not Linked finance the facility..... do you believe the company you keep asking to reply are monitoring this thread?

Not Linked finance the facility..... do you believe the company you keep asking to reply are monitoring this thread?

I do not know if the company are ( and I share your implicit sggestion that they may not be) but I do know, from conversations with Linked, that they do keep an eye on the thread. In the longer run, Linked are the people we need to chase....not individual lenders,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Brompton Recruitment Limited is looking very odd with the lack of responses to some very good questions. It will reflect in the average interest rate IMO - similar size loans last week were already well over 100% at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

Sceach16

You may have got your answers quicker on Brompton Recruitment by reading the business section of the sunday times this weekend where there was nearly a half page interview with one Mr Peter Barry of Brompton Recruitment in the "How I made it section" ;-)

Strettie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭m320325

Strettie11 wrote: »
    Sceach16

You may have got your answers quicker on Brompton Recruitment by reading the business section of the sunday times this weekend where there was nearly a half page interview with one Mr Peter Barry of Brompton Recruitment in the "How I made it section" ;-)

Strettie

Strettie11, did boards.ie admins delete your post about 'Colour Savers' or you chose to delete it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

m320325 wrote: »
    Strettie11, did boards.ie admins delete your post about 'Colour Savers' or you chose to delete it yourself?

It was a very interesting post. Pity it's gone because I'm sure others didn't get to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

traprunner wrote: »
    It was a very interesting post. Pity it's gone because I'm sure others didn't get to read it.

I missed it, what was the deal?

I missed it, what was the deal?

I'm not going to get into it here in case the mods deleted the other post. I'll leave it at....not a chance of me investing in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

m320325 wrote: »

Was it not a quote of someone else's post from few pages back?

• Advertisement

Was it not a quote of someone else's post from few pages back?

No it wasn't a quote. It was a new post yesterday, maybe PM Strettie11 for more information

My post has been removed 4 times. At first I thought it was issues with broadband I was having but now I know different.
    No one has communicated with me why post was removed
    Can the admin for this forum please pm me

Questions asked by myself and Strettie have been responded to on the Linked site. The response is well constructed. It seems to me the business is buying stock in one country and hoping to sell in other countries. These countries may well have "exclusive" distribution channels. This is an interesting one. Ecommerce Vs traditional distribution. Whether it merits a risk premium for lenders is something for them to consider. I have bid my usual 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

My post has been removed 4 times. At first I thought it was issues with broadband I was having but now I know different.
    No one has communicated with me why post was removed
    Can the admin for this forum please pm me

typical boards.ie moderation so.

Sceach16
    It is interestingly worded so why did he not state it as simply as you put it?? Because if it is simply e-commerce v distributor channels I am with them all the way. But why then did he mention the last line

"These companies have their own targets; where by they release millions of product units each quarter to maintain their own financials."

It looks more like an EU wholesaler dumping product to make numbers but cannot do so through normal channels and is using an unapproved new e-commerce business

May be not but applaud him for his answer

Sceach16
    It is interestingly worded so why did he not state it as simply as you put it?? Because if it is simply e-commerce v distributor channels I am with them all the way. But why then did he mention the last line

"These companies have their own targets; where by they release millions of product units each quarter to maintain their own financials."

It looks more like an EU wholesaler dumping product to make numbers but cannot do so through normal channels and is using an unapproved new e-commerce business
    May be not but applaud him for his answer

Point taken. At the end of the day, it is a question for lenders how much , if any, and what rate.

Have U got VIP access? 36 months 8.8 fixed, sole trader. Email offer to "VIPs" at 20.20

Have U got VIP access? 12 months 8.8 fixed, sole trader. Email offer to VIPs at 20.20

Is it 36 months, not 12 like the previous fixed rate loan

8.8%? Really milking the generosity of many investors. It is aligned with Microfinance's rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

8.8% on an unsecured loan is madness when there are other viable options

• Advertisement

8.8%? Really milking the generosity of many investors. It is aligned with Microfinance's rate...
    TheSheriff wrote: »
    8.8% on an unsecured loan is madness when there are other viable options

I think so too but lots of bidders think otherwise!:confused:

How does an investor become a VIP?

traprunner wrote: »
    How does an investor become a VIP?

Linked sent an email saying it was open for VIP early access.So me and, I reckon, many others are VIPs according to Linked. I don't know why I am but I feel very important as result of being a VIP!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'll be sticking with the 'game' of trying to get the highest rate.

I hope they don't switch to fixed rates for all their loans. Why would a borrower take the risk of a higher rate when they can just sign up for the fixed rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I'd be very surprised if they fill this one, 8.8% over 3 years is a very poor offer, when you add in LF's 1.2% pa, you are effectively lending at just over 5% for the 3 years, poor return.

Secured Loans with a buy-back guarantee are on other platforms at 12.5-13.5% right now - with no added fees such as LF's 1.2% pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Presuming the loan repaymets are no different than the regular amortization loans, i.e. interest reduces as loan reduces, lending €100 at 8.8% over 3 years will return €3.17 a month and a total interest payment of €14.14.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if they fill this one, 8.8% over 3 years is a very poor offer, when you add in LF's 1.2% pa, you are effectively lending at just over 5% for the 3 years, poor return.

30 k total less 15k from Microfinance leaving 15k net of which 4260 already. I reckon they will. Over the next 12 days, it is 900 a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

30 k total less 15k from Microfinance leaving 15k net of which 4260 already. I reckon they will. Over the next 12 days, it is 900 a day!

Maybe they will, presumably it'll be going public tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 charcoal blue

Hey - I'm new to LinkedFinance and wondering if somebody could explain why when bidding closes, if your bid it not rejected (and in order to get the total amount which is being looked for your bid would have to be included), that a number of days after the bid is closed it would be listed as "Unsuccessful". Has the loan not gone ahead or is there another possible reason this could happen?

Advertisement