Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Oh, I haven't bid on this one. They will get a very good rate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Refunded 50e from a bid on Bean an Ti today, loan closed approximately 8 days ago.

Not a good enough turn around in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Refunded 50e from a bid on Bean an Ti today, loan closed approximately 8 days ago.

Not a good enough turn around in my opinion

No, you could have had a bit of return on the money in that time. Got in on Triace at the highest possible %, happy with that. Mad that solid businesses are getting poor rates simply because they don't sell coffee or produce beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

There is something strange about the failure to answer questions in the Q/A
    section.

This has metamorphed into a confused "succesful" loan of 15k at 8.8%. I thought it was a loan of 30K at 8.8% with 15k lent by MicroFinance unless I misread the email I was sent by Linked. I might be splitting hairs but it is Saturday:confused::confused::confused: night!:confused:

• Advertisement

Has anybody experience on the UK equivalent, 'Funding Circle'? £1.25bn worth of loans funded already on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lcwill

Has anybody experience on the UK equivalent, 'Funding Circle'? £1.25bn worth of loans funded already on there.

I have looked into the UK sites but most seem to have relatively low returns. Combined with the exchange rate risk it wasn't very attractive.

This is why I turned to the Eastern European (but Eurozone) sites like Bondora and Mintos.

lcwill wrote: »
    I have looked into the UK sites but most seem to have relatively low returns. Combined with the exchange rate risk it wasn't very attractive.

This is why I turned to the Eastern European (but Eurozone) sites like Bondora and Mintos.

Good point, the currency is an added dimension that I could do without.

Poor answers or inability to answer questions really does affect the interest rate. Get Fresh Vending isn't looking too appealing right now.

I think O Brother Brewing is the lowest rate I've seen a loan go to. I know it's a smaller loan (20k) but the average is down to 7.65% with around 8 hours left. maximum buy in rate now is 9.8% and that'll be gone soon.

There has been a bid of €500.00 at 5.5% and a bid of €1,000.00 at 7.0% in the last few minutes.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    I think O Brother Brewing is the lowest rate I've seen a loan go to. I know it's a smaller loan (20k) but the average is down to 7.65% with around 8 hours left. maximum buy in rate now is 9.8% and that'll be gone soon.

There has been a bid of €500.00 at 5.5% and a bid of €1,000.00 at 7.0% in the last few minutes.
    They will end up with the lowest rate business loan in the country at this rate. This platform really does make sense for a company if they have any kind of perk to offer.

Yeah. Brewerys always seem to do well. It doesn't even have to be a great offer. A t-shirt for bidding €250 at 7%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Great news for the company involved, but thankfully for investors it doesn't go as well for everybody who gets a loan.

It amuses me no ends that people can be bought for a t-shirt at €250 @ 7% though!

sceach16 wrote: »
    There is something strange about the failure to answer questions in the Q/A
    section.

Questions answered on Sunday 8 May. Credit where credit is due!

That O'brother loan is crazy. Avg of 7.1% now

In the past hour:
    500.00 @ 7.0
    500.00 @ 7.0
    50.00 @ 7.0
    50.00 @ 7.0
    250.00 @ 7.0
    2,000.00 @ 5.0

Maximum buy in now is 8.9 :D

Wonder how low they'll get the loan for?

That O'brother loan is crazy. Avg of 7.1% now

Maximum buy in now is 8.9 :D

Wonder how low they'll get the loan for?

Probably below 7%....If folks are happy to lend, then good luck to the borrower!

Already below 7. Interesting to keep an eye on it. Too low for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

In an ideal world, If I were to invest €50 per week at 12% how many loans would i have to invest in to return €200 per month? Assuming that in this perfect world all repayments are paid on time and none of the loans default.

deuceswild wrote: »
    In an ideal world, If I were to invest €50 per week at 12% how many loans would i have to invest in to return €200 per month? Assuming that in this perfect world all repayments are paid on time and none of the loans default.

You would need to have €6k invested in loans at 12% to return €200 a month.

Now a quick calculation would say that's 120 loans if you're investing €50 a week but if you also reinvest any returns, you won't need to deposit the full €6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

You would need to have €6k invested in loans at 12% to return €200 a month.

Now a quick calculation would say that's 120 loans if you're investing €50 a week but if you also reinvest any returns, you won't need to deposit the full €6k.

what would you make in returns per month on €200 @ 12% less fees?

By my calculations you would have invested somewhere around €3100 on top of re investing your returns, at these rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

one bakery managed to get the rate well below 7% this was about 1-2yrs ago, it also offered an invite to opening night of new bakery to all bidder below 7% hence rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

The special offers don't attract me. I'm just interested in getting the best rate. I'd have thought that anyone investing would be too but I've been proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

traprunner wrote: »
    The special offers don't attract me. I'm just interested in getting the best rate. I'd have thought that anyone investing would be too but I've been proved wrong.

Sometimes the value of an offer can be close to the total interest you would get over the entire course of a loan at 10-14%. Pluse you still get a lower interest rate i.e. 7%.

Some food places are good for offers and i remember one that had something to the value of €180 for €1k @ 7% (i think). To the borrower it would have a cost of approx €56 but the value to the lender is still €180 plus the interest so approx €300.

The offers are only of any value to someone who can or would use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Katawalah

I am currently looking to diversify and doesn't want to put all my eggs in the same basket (LF) and also the lending rates have been going down lately.

Does anyone have some experience with Grid Finance? What are your thoughts about it?

Katawalah wrote: »
    I am currently looking to diversify and doesn't want to put all my eggs in the same basket (LF) and also the lending rates have been going down lately.

Does anyone have some experience with Grid Finance? What are your thoughts about it?

From the comments earlier in the thread, it appears that it is loans which LF deemed too much of a risk. That may well mean a higher interest rate, but a higher default rate accordingly. This is all hypothetical of course, it may well be a better alternative. There are better options for people who are interested in returns on their investment, and not t-shirts.

I looked at it and decided No. Too few loans and too few lenders. While returns are going down with Linked, it is because there are more lenders attracted by the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Grid finance is very miss and sometimes hit. I have 2 loans on the page atm both took at least 2 attempts to get enough money. Also unlike linked finance or mintos very few loans. Might have a max 4 loans available at a time. Only positive points is a lower deposit limit and from what i can see no limit on withdrawals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Interest rates getting very/too competitive now on LF.

Fixed rate loan for The Lovely Food Company filled within 2 hours of opening last night, one lender taking 66% of the offer. Seems like these fixed rate loans (8.5% over 12 months) are the only good value (from a lender point of view) available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I thought some of the special offers the yoga studios were offering a few month ago were quite good.

Anyway, has anyone experience withdrawing funds from LF? As in, amount of time between emailing them with a withdrawal request and getting money into the bank?

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Interest rates getting very/too competitive now on LF.

Fixed rate loan for The Lovely Food Company filled within 2 hours of opening last night, one lender taking 66% of the offer. Seems like these fixed rate loans (8.5% over 12 months) are the only good value (from a lender point of view) available now.

I think the days of getting 15% are gone. But I got 13.2% last night, if the loan is accepted. The only appeal I see of those 1 year loans is that you will be getting bigger chunks of money back to reinvest than if it was over the 3 years.

€50 at 8.5% over 1 year returns €4.36 a month. At the end of the year you have made €2.33 interest.

€50 at 13.2% over 3 years will return just €1.69 a month and will return €10.82 interest over 3 years.

So I suppose the higher monthly return is attractive for reinvesting.

Advertisement