Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

"would it put you off investing in a company if the main director has consumer judgements registered againts them?"

Do you pay to get this extra information on directors or is it available free?

I use a work subscription to vision net.ie to check the history of the directors. There's been a few times I've not invested as a result of finding out info not provided by LF.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭sceach16

cash and equivalents €525,735 at 31.12.15. Where has all the money gone? sceach (placed 0 bids for €0.00 on this loan) • Waiting for moderation.

Borrowing 50 k for working capital? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

How many days are withdrawals taking to process for you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ChrisDub7

sceach16, I thought the same when I looked at the numbers : the situation was very healthy 9-10 months ago and I am surprised they need 50k for working capital

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭FinanceDublin

What's going on with Timepoint? First their loan gets extended by €5k within 8% of it reaching its total and closing, thus drawing out the bidding time and now the loan hasn't been activated almost a week later?

I thought fixed rate loans was suppose to eliminate these lag times given the borrower knows the rate in advance...?

• Advertisement

Also curious that €7,000 in bids of €1,000 or above seemed to go in as autobids: a huge amount in individual bids for people to be leaving to autobids I would've thought. Is it because it's grade A?

My one was slow due to need for paper trail. When provided, it came in a few days. In general terms, I would expect payment within a week. Paying in by debit card is much faster but a creditors run which withdrawals are will take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

See FixMyI has disappeared off the successful loan section of website. Did they not take the funding or did LF not want a part funded loan there?

Financial Data

Losses 25 k each of last two years on turnover under 200K ! Balance Sheet shareholders funds/net assets negative 74k......This is only a grade C. I am surprised it isn't an A+. :rolleyes: .....

sceach16 wrote: »
    Financial Data

Losses 25 k each of last two years on turnover under 200K ! Balance Sheet shareholders funds/net assets negative 74k......This is only a grade C. I am surprised it isn't an A+. :rolleyes: .....

:D:D

To give Shane Curran his due he has tried to answer every question that may be posed in the business profile section. Unlike other borrowers who do not want to answer anything

• Advertisement

sceach16 wrote: »
    cash and equivalents €525,735 at 31.12.15. Where has all the money gone? sceach (placed 0 bids for €0.00 on this loan) • Waiting for moderation.

Borrowing 50 k for working capital? :confused::confused::confused:

Response

From phone call with borrower: €525K 'cash and equivalents' relates mainly to the balance in the company's current account at the time. Due to the nature of the business this fluctuates during the year and is generally higher toward year-end. We always like to maintain a healthy buffer but it is more typically around €200K. The purpose of this loan is to maintain that level of liquidity in preparation for an upcoming project.

They had 500k and now aim for 200k and want to borrow . :confused::confused:. Incidentally from another question , they have a liability of an intercompany guarantee of 350k to a parent company.

Consolidated Accounts????

Strettie11 wrote: »
    :D:D

To give Shane Curran his due he has tried to answer every question that may be posed in the business profile section. Unlike other borrowers who do not want to answer anything

Yes but the credit rating should not be based on enthusiasm! I would lend him a few bob at 15%

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ChrisDub7

sceach16 I am looking forward too seeing a D or an E graded business! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dream123

Made a withdrawal about a month ago. Requested on Monday morning. On the Tuesday I was contacted by email to request confirmation of bank account detail (IBAN etc). Later that day i got an email that my withdrawal was approved. Received money in account on Friday.

This week I requested a withdrawal Monday morning. Email Wednesday that it was approved. Expecting cash in account Friday /Monday.

I would like that my withdrawal requests were actioned immediately but not a big deal. As long as I know that request to receipt of funds takes about a week I can plan on that basis.

Another day passes without Timepoint loan being drawn down. A full week now. Given they knew interest rate in advance, why the delay? I note they don't list them in successful loans either 🙄. All seems a bit ridiculous and completely off putting given lack of replies and transparency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 darragh0000

I don't think that loan finished 1 week ago. I checked the date/time of my bid and its 18/Sept/2016 23:45 and the loan wasn't 100% funded at that time, so probably fully funded sometime on the 19th.

Edit:
    using the time of my autobid and the loan length (5 days and 20 hours) the start/end times were
    13/09/2016 4.30pm
    19/09/2016 12.30pm

so still just 4 days passed

I don't think that loan finished 1 week ago. I checked the date/time of my bid and its 18/Sept/2016 23:45 and the loan wasn't 100% funded at that time, so probably fully funded sometime on the 19th.

And given LF don't operate at weekends and don't allow drawdowns, I think it'll be safe enough to assume we're running into next week. Delighted to be proven wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Re JC Products, do LF provide a garunatee that the loan application will 100% go to the Ltd. listed? Reason I ask is that I see the director for JC Products has recently registered a new LTD co under a similar name - what checks are made to ensure the loan goes to the advertised company and not a newly formed company which may not have the same level of healthy assets? I am not implying anything is untoward here and it may be a naive question but thought I'd throw it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Re JC Products, do LF provide a garunatee that the loan application will 100% go to the Ltd. listed? Reason I ask is that I see the director for JC Products has recently registered a new LTD co under a similar name - what checks are made to ensure the loan goes to the advertised company and not a newly formed company which may not have the same level of healthy assets? I am not implying anything is untoward here and it may be a naive question but thought I'd throw it out there.

dont think its an issue. Could be a case the loan is given to the holding company and passed onto a subsidiary. The loan is with the holding company so even if the subsidiary goes belly up. you can chase the holding company for the loan

Just looking for confirmation from anyone here that the following loans have not been funded this month

Gleesons Bar, Louth
    Tara Diaries and Calendars, Dublin
    Tadgh Kearney Jewellers , Limerick

• Advertisement

Strettie11 wrote: »
    Just looking for confirmation from anyone here that the following loans have not been funded this month

Gleesons Bar, Louth
    Tara Diaries and Calendars, Dublin
    Tadgh Kearney Jewellers , Limerick

Tadgh Kearney is shown as a successful loan at 98.3% funded (30k,11.2%). The others do not show as of 15.00 23/09.

I have lent to these, these are the links:

linkedfinance.com/loan/3663 - Gleesons - 92.4% (50k)
    linkedfinance.com/loan/3690 - Tara Diaries - 91.2% (40k)
    linkedfinance.com/loan/3696 - Tadgh Kearney Jewellers - 98.3% (30k)
    linkedfinance.com/loan/3587 - Fix my I - 96.2% (30k)

I dont seem to be able to quote other posts or post links..

Thanks sceach16 and darragh0000 for that

Sorry one other question any idea with date/ time Gleesons funding closed

Strettie11,

I had a few small bids on Gleesons:

first: 25/08 11am autobid
    last: 09/09 early morning

So probably ended on 9th or after that

Sure enough, no sign of it being drawn down. Getting kind of wearying now given the bidding period was dragged out for another 3 days because they lobbed on another €5k to the ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dream123

Dream123 wrote: »
    Made a withdrawal about a month ago. Requested on Monday morning. On the Tuesday I was contacted by email to request confirmation of bank account detail (IBAN etc). Later that day i got an email that my withdrawal was approved. Received money in account on Friday.

This week I requested a withdrawal Monday morning. Email Wednesday that it was approved. Expecting cash in account Friday /Monday.

I would like that my withdrawal requests were actioned immediately but not a big deal. As long as I know that request to receipt of funds takes about a week I can plan on that basis.

Funds in my account this morning. So start to finish took 4 days. OK in my opinion.

A few stats on LF loans since 1st Septenber
    CLICK HERE

Edit:
    using the time of my autobid and the loan length (5 days and 20 hours) the start/end times were
    13/09/2016 4.30pm
    19/09/2016 12.30pm

so still just 4 days passed

Now 7 days. Not including when they extended the financial terms from 25k to 30k, also adding time. What's going on here?

• Advertisement

"Now 7 days. Not including when they extended the financial terms from 25k to 30k, also adding time. What's going on here?"

I see this in the terms, maybe its 5 working days, that could mean they have until close of business today, but I agree with what you said

linkedfinance.com/terms:

"Once the bidding process ends and the Loan Request is funded to at least 90% of the requested value by Active Bids, you will have 5 days in which to irrevocably accept those Bids and agree the Loan Contract by following the electronic signature instructions on Linked Finance. You are under no obligation to enter into a Loan Contract. No interest will begin to accrue on the Loan unless and until you have signed the Loan Contract. If you fail to sign the Loan Contract within the five day signing period, your Loan Contract will be cancelled, and any Bids that funded that Loan Contract will be void."

Advertisement