Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭sceach16

sceach16 please tell me you work as an auditor, you have a great eye for things like this, well spotted!

I "work" mornings as a beachcomber on Malahide and Portmarnock beaches collecting floats and fishboxes and any old s**t I can find. In a previous existence, I was a Banker and learnt to check things.

More seriously, when I see someone coming back and I have the earlier data, it is a no brainer to check. I will only have it if I bid on the earlier loan...

Linked obviously do not bother to do so. I wonder exactly what checking they do and what credence can be placed on it. This is not the first time that there have been obvious problems with loan data.

sceach16 wrote: »
    No, I did not . I subsequently received what Linked described as a private answer by email. I have replied asking could I quote the response on this forum. I will keep ye posted!

Response was

"Thanks for your queries. I know the loan has funded since you posted this yesterday afternoon. Apologies for that. I generally review and approve questions first thing each morning. Despite the loan being funded, I wanted to provide you with an answer to your questions.
    As to the first question, one of the sets of figures on the first loan appears to have been mislabelled on the site. The 'Financial Statement' figures for 2014 should have been dated 31st December, not August. This was an error at the time so thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    The figures for 31st August 2015 for the previous loan were draft Management Accounts (without a detailed breakdown of Cost of Goods Sold or Administration Expenses) provided by a previous accountant for the business. They were not the final results for the 2015 financial year to 31st December. The second set of figures you see on the new loan are the final accounts for the 12 months up to 31st December 2015, which is why the Net Profit figures are different and are not comparable. The financials displayed with the current loan request are taken from the company's filed accounts for Year End December 2015. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch."

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spudwould

Well spotted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 PanAC

Saturday morning - and I tried to log into LF on my phone. Got a digit of the PIN wrong so it told me the account will lock after 5 incorrect attempts. Fine - I'm all in favour of strong security, I went down stairs and made a coffee, and tried logging in again on the phone. Double checked that I entered the correct PIN numbers and BAMM! I'm locked out. No problem, I thought, the locked message tells me to phone 01 9060300 to unlock. It's their main number and Bernadette's dulcet tones tell me the office is unattended, call back on Monday morning! Could there not be a better reset system? Increasing "Lender frustration" is not a good way to hold on to clients. Anyone else fallen into their security trap?

My lady friend and I used my 25 euro voucher on Friday evening. It was not our first time there but first for dinner.

We had a superb meal....a la carte....for 123 less 25 voucher. 2 starters,2 main and 1 cheese shared plus 6 varied and excellent 175 ml glasses of wine(4mine, 2 hers). Strongly recommended! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

My lady friend and I used my 25 euro voucher on Friday evening. It was not our first time there but first for dinner.

We had a superb meal....a la carte....for 123 less 25 voucher. 2 starters,2 main and 1 cheese shared plus 6 varied and excellent 175 ml glasses of wine(4mine, 2 hers). Strongly recommended! :)

123 quid on a two course....you've been doing well on LinkedFiance mate....some of us couldn't string together two snack boxes!

Payment due today 27/03 has not arrived. Others due today have.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanPammer

Which company?

SeanPammer wrote: »
    Which company?

Sorry, its Farm Food Emporium. I had it inthe title but these don't show on some mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanPammer

Sorry, its Farm Food Emporium. I had it inthe title but these don't show on some mobiles.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Farm-Food-Emporium-Limited-427579

Not sure what you have to do/not do to get a red ⬇️ here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

dashoonage wrote: »
    123 quid on a two course....you've been doing well on LinkedFiance mate....some of us couldn't string together two snack boxes!

If you can't string together the funds for 2 snackboxes, perhaps investing money isn't the wisest move :p;)

NIall Murphy T/A The Galway Roast

Payment 15/36 due today 30/03 has not arrived. Other payments due today have arrived.

Farm Food Emporium made the payment today 30/03. :)

BGRSB Limited (Just Desserts) Loan #3174

Payment due 4 April has not arrived. Others due today have. This is not the first deadline. It was supposed to be 14 of 40 payments ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Payment due 4 April has not arrived. Others due today have. This is not the first deadline. It was supposed to be 14 of 40 payments ! :mad:
    Weren't they late last month too? They're also on a reduced monthly payment.

Wheety wrote: »
    Weren't they late last month too? They're also on a reduced monthly payment.

Yes and it seems to be reduced to zilch !

I have 7 loans not meeting the original schedule. It will be intersting to see how Linked classify them in the Q1 report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wuizz12

3 missed today:
    City cycles
    Neil's fruit and veg
    Aardvark bus hire

Lately I've had at least 1 per week but payment is usually received a few days later

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

No new loans up for the last couple of days. I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

KevinK wrote: »
    There have been quiet periods before. I have 93 euro going a begging here! High roller.:cool:

• Advertisement

KevinK wrote: »

Strangely, payments due 6/7/8/9 April all shown as credited today (6 April). Maybe they think Easter is this weekend ! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Strangely, payments due 6/7/8/9 April all shown as credited today (6 April). Maybe they think Easter is this weekend ! :confused:

always wondered, i would say linked get payments early held in some sort of account with overnight rates given to earn few quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

sceach16

The loans not meeting the original schedule would you have the the start dates for those loans.

Strettie11 wrote: »
    sceach16

The loans not meeting the original schedule would you have the the start dates for those loans.

Nov15,Dec15,Dec 15,Oct15,Sept 16,Dec 15,Sept15 are my best estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

The Galway Roast is my only missed payment to date, late since 30/3. So I've been lucky so far.

Linked aren't very forthcoming with information are they? There's a status update saying the payment has not been received but that's it -
    when do they provide updates on what they're doing about it? Why does it still have "repaying" status?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Payment received from the Galway Roast.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

anyone else hesitant about loaning to a farm who are looking for a loan equivalent to 25% of their prior year turnover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    anyone else hesitant about loaning to a farm who are looking for a loan equivalent to 25% of their prior year turnover?

€32500 of the bid was from Autobid
    and a further 15k looks like it was from one person.

I would also look to see if the increase in profit in 2015 was a fluke year or something that will continue

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Leedsfan123

tomwaits48 wrote: »

I actually liked the look of this loan Assuming the figures he posted showing the growth are accurate)

I think it's certainly worth the €100 I threw in.

Then again I have a soft spot for farmers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

scheister wrote: »
    I would also look to see if the increase in profit in 2015 was a fluke year or something that will continue

The auld fluke (in any year) is a very serious issue for the farm, Zanil is your only man to kill it.

Advertisement