Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedFinance - new website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

With more and more competition in the sector, there is downwards pressure on lending rates as the various providers try to compete for business....

I can see why you have concerns tbh.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gaphejobep

HSK limited (Loan no. 2)

Payment 12/12 due 28 November has not arrived

Soup Cafe

Payment 5/36 due 28 November has not arrived

CapCon Engineering (Loan no.3)

Payment 7/24 due 26 November has not arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

gaphejobep wrote: »
    HSK limited (Loan no. 2)

Payment 12/12 due 28 November has not arrived

They missed payment on another loan 9 days ago. Not a peep since the notification. Is there any obligation on LF to provide regular updates or will they just ignore the issue and hope for the best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

benjamin d wrote: »
    They missed payment on another loan 9 days ago. Not a peep since the notification. Is there any obligation on LF to provide regular updates or will they just ignore the issue and hope for the best?

They'll let you know in a few weeks that they emailed the lendee :rolleyes:

Irish Biofuels
    Grade B

Payment 5 of 12 due 29 November has not arrived.

"We have not received the most recent repayment for this loan. We are in contact with the borrower and will inform you of any updates"

Does anyone remember how much G.Mechanical received on the previous loans (currently have a loan listed) or if their a limit to what one company can borrow? Cant find answer on the Linked website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Irish Biofuels
    Grade B

Payment 5 of 12 due 29 November has not arrived.

"We have not received the most recent repayment for this loan. We are in contact with the borrower and will inform you of any updates"

This is my first missed payment. If it’s a thing that this load goes belly up can I write the remainer amount owing off against my interest earned

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hoosh1

Hello,

I have a question about paying tax on the interest received. I received €0.73 in 2015 and €35 in 2016 in net interest. I didn't withdraw it so never looked into paying tax on it. Looking into it now, I can see that I can download the tax report but does anyone know if I can still pay this tax and if so can it be done on the revenue website using a form 12? I apologise if this has been answered already but there are 100 pages in this thread.

Cheers,

• Advertisement

hoosh1 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a question about paying tax on the interest received. I received €0.73 in 2015 and €35 in 2016 in net interest. I didn't withdraw it so never looked into paying tax on it. Looking into it now, I can see that I can download the tax report but does anyone know if I can still pay this tax and if so can it be done on the revenue website using a form 12? I apologise if this has been answered already but there are 100 pages in this thread.

Cheers,

I filled it in on the form 12 on Revenue's website. It was for nearly €200. I included the interest from Linked and Mintos and filed it under Untaxed income arising in the state (I hope that's the correct category).

Think I received a letter saying there is nothing owed on this. It may be under any limits which are set?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭sceach16

Anyone lent to this borrower?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

adam88 wrote: »
    This is my first missed payment. If it’s a thing that this load goes belly up can I write the remainer amount owing off against my interest earned

Simple answer is No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

sceach16 wrote: »

Yea I have, and got the rescheduling notice yesterday. Not great but hopefully they can get back to repaying their (3) loans.

LF are quite slow in providing updates, it appears that once a loan goes to 'Active Recovery' there will be no further updates. How active is 'Active Recovery'and how long does it take. The Ugly Duckling has been in Active Recovery since the 7th March, yet it seems to be trading away, or at least it was on 17th October when Maria C gave it 100% for customer service, excellent food and value for money having made several visits to dine here. Can the 'Active Recovery' guys not ramble in and take fixtures and fittings to the value of the €20k borrowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭sceach16

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Yea I have, and got the rescheduling notice yesterday. Not great but hopefully they can get back to repaying their (3) loans.

LF are quite slow in providing updates, it appears that once a loan goes to 'Active Recovery' there will be no further updates. How active is 'Active Recovery'and how long does it take. The Ugly Duckling has been in Active Recovery since the 7th March, yet it seems to be trading away, or at least it was on 17th October when Maria C gave it 100% for customer service, excellent food and value for money having made several visits to dine here. Can the 'Active Recovery' guys not ramble in and take fixtures and fittings to the value of the €20k borrowed.

Has anyone had a successful recovery? From what I see, Linked make very little effort and their recovery procedure consists of washing their hands. They abandon/outsource the problem.

From what I can judge, November saw loans ceasing payment at about 4 loans a week ! Many of them recent loans with the wonderful new ratings. Most new loans are for borrowers with cash flow/liquidity problems. People returning for loans very soon after Linked evaluated their cash flow projections !

Dear Santa , please send me lulas to lend to me.

sceach16 wrote: »

Yes, I have exposure to Premier Golf

No fixtures and fittings cannot be seized, the only security held is a personal guarantee for the amount of the loan. That said, I would expect a far more proactive arrears process but as time goes on, I am coming to the conclusion that Linked Finance just focus on pushing the sale of new P2P loans and that ain't good...

I suppose if you wanted to have a bit of fun, you could go to the restaurant some evening and try asking the owner in front of their customers and staff, why their loan on Linked Finance is in arrears ;)

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »

I suppose if you wanted to have a bit of fun, you could go to the restaurant some evening and try asking the owner in front of their customers and staff, why their loan on Linked Finance is in arrears ;)

Could do the same with The Farm and BGRSB. Both have been late a few times even though they're still trading. Looks like some businesses have realised Linked don't do much to chase up loans in arrears.

Now here's how you collect arrears ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDgjLf_rk4

(for anyone not familiar with the movie Goodfellas, stick with the youtube clip... it'll all make sense, even if the first 20-30 seconds don't initially)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

At this stage I'm taking my cash elsewhere. Between fees, failing repayments and the tax man, I'm nearly better off with the cash in a low interest account. Sure my return is close to zero, so I actually lose with inflation but at least it's secure.

I'm thinking of just moving the money to shares through Degiro. Regular investment for long term. Made a few quid off these P2P lending but I don't see that continuing. Some funds must have serious money in them though when you see some of the bids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

Is anybody else not able to login to their LF account? Positive my password is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Johntm wrote: »
    Is anybody else not able to login to their LF account? Positive my password is correct

I can login anyway, on both phone and laptop so it might just be you unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

brianomc wrote: »
    I can login anyway, on both phone and laptop so it might just be you unfortunately

Its been a long week, thought they wanted my username rather than my email

All good now!

I started with LF 3 years ago, this is how I've fared in that time.

Deposited as needed for first 16 months
    Started withdrawing 15 months ago and will continue to do so until all my original money returned
    50% of my original investment(s) still in LF
    Current Account Value is 93% of my total deposits
    Interest Earned to date is 30% of my total deposits

400 loans supported
    40 finished (including early finishes)
    The first of my 3 year loans has just finished
    Loans in Default - 2.5% of loans supported , 1.25% of Total Lent
    Loans Late Repaying - 2% of loans supported , 0.5% of Total Lent
    All of the loans in Default or Late Repaying are 36 month loans except for 1 which is a 12 month loan.
    Except for 1 loan, I am hopeful/confident that I will receive some/all of the outstanding amounts on most of the other loans in Default/Late Repaying.
    Just investing in 12 month loans now.

Hi Cute Hoor,

That's quite informative, thanks.

Just wondering, is there any visible pattern regarding your loans in arrears / default, with regards to anything other than the longer term ?
    - industry sector, Linked Finance's "credit rating" for each of the borrowers etc.

Thanks.

Thanks,

G.

Just wondering, is there any visible pattern regarding your loans in arrears / default, with regards to anything other than the longer term ?
    - industry sector, Linked Finance's "credit rating" for each of the borrowers etc.

The majority are food related
    10 of them are 5 or less years in business
    6 of them hadn't got halfway with their payments
    The 1 12 month loan has only 1 instalment left
    The 12 month loan is a Grade B, the rest were before LF introduced the grading system

I don't have any problem with somebody who has tried and failed, fair play to them and their situation is most likely far worse than mine. Neither do I have a problem with any business that is struggling and is working with LF to try to meet their obligations, and I would be happy for LF to accommodate them as much as possible. What really pi33es me off though are businesses who are profitably trading, are refusing to pay their lawful debts, and who are effectively giving the 2 fingers/middle finger to LF. In my opinion LF should be going after the likes of The Ugly Duckling (still trading in Roscrea) and Farm Food Emporium ( 2 restaurants in Dawson Street and Upper Leeson Street), publicly, and making examples of them, it might discourage others from treating LF (and their lenders) with disdain. I certainly wouldn't be supporting any of these businesses (unless possibly to stand outside with a placard reminding them of their responsibilities).

The majority are food related
    10 of them are 5 or less years in business
    6 of them hadn't got halfway with their payments
    The 1 12 month loan has only 1 instalment left
    The 12 month loan is a Grade B, the rest were before LF introduced the grading system

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Obviously, there is greater risk with longer term loans, hence they tend to be priced at a higher lending rate, but the 12 mth Grade "B" loan surprises me .... unlucky perhaps, or was the grading wrong to begin with ?

....I don't have any problem with somebody who has tried and failed, fair play to them and their situation is most likely far worse than mine. Neither do I have a problem with any business that is struggling and is working with LF to try to meet their obligations, and I would be happy for LF to accommodate them as much as possible.

Absolutely, I think we would all agree on the principal of what you are saying here, although I would like to see interest rates increased a little when a loan needs to be restructured, as there is an increased risk being taken on as part of the restructure.
    What really pi33es me off though are businesses who are profitably trading, are refusing to pay their lawful debts, and who are effectively giving the 2 fingers/middle finger to LF. In my opinion LF should be going after the likes of The Ugly Duckling (still trading in Roscrea) and Farm Food Emporium ( 2 restaurants in Dawson Street and Upper Leeson Street), publicly, and making examples of them, it might discourage others from treating LF (and their lenders) with disdain. I certainly wouldn't be supporting any of these businesses (unless possibly to stand outside with a placard reminding them of their responsibilities).

Yup, agree again.

If they won't pay their debts, then it seems to be that we all need to be warned about them - name and shame !

Also, do you know what Linked Finance have done to date, or are now doing, to chase up the unpaid loans ? I don't want to be unfair to them here, but I'd like them to communicate more with the lenders when a loan goes into arrears and demonstrate that a very clear collection strategy is being implemented and on a timely basis etc.

I'd agree 100% that Linked Finance need to go hard and heavy when you've a cash based business (in particular) not making any genuine effort to repay their debts. The borrowers don't have significant trade debt, their doors are open for business and in the case of the restaurants, they are in prime locations coming into the busiest part of the year where everyone sees increased revenue and profits.

Perhaps some of the lenders from Linked Finance who are due money from these restaurants should book a table some evening, go have a nice meal and some bottles of wine, then when the bill comes tell the owner to offset it against what they owe the lenders ? :)

Thanks,

G.

Perhaps some of the lenders from Linked Finance who are due money from these restaurants should book a table some evening, go have a nice meal and some bottles of wine, then when the bill comes tell the owner to offset it against what they owe the lenders ? :)

I like it :D

have-fun-and-have-a-glass-of-bubbly-fridge-magnet-7-x-4.5cms-unique-christmas-gift-idea-1042-p.jpg

Soup Cafe

Payment 5/36 due 28 November has not arrived

Payment Received

• Advertisement

CapCon Engineering (Loan no.3)

Payment 7/24 due 26 November has not arrived

Payment Received

Advertisement