Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc for gaming, work and internet????

Options
  • 28-11-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi. I was hoping someone could help me with some info. Im looking to buy a gaming pc and one that i can to a bit of work on as in documents and internet. I would just be a casual gamer. Im used to buying in a shop and taking it home and plugging it in so when people suggest building a gaming pc im completely lost.
    I just want something that i can play games on with good graphics and also any work i might need to do. As i said im not a serious gamer but dont want to see a game i want to play and then find out i dont have enough power to play it.
    Im looking at some gaming pc's and normal desktop pc's in PC World. Would these suit my needs or do i need something special to play all types of games out there.
    Ps im that clueless, that ram and gb mean nothing to me so please treat me with kid gloves.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Hi. I was hoping someone could help me with some info. Im looking to buy a gaming pc and one that i can to a bit of work on as in documents and internet. I would just be a casual gamer. Im used to buying in a shop and taking it home and plugging it in so when people suggest building a gaming pc im completely lost.
    I just want something that i can play games on with good graphics and also any work i might need to do. As i said im not a serious gamer but dont want to see a game i want to play and then find out i dont have enough power to play it.
    Im looking at some gaming pc's and normal desktop pc's in PC World. Would these suit my needs or do i need something special to play all types of games out there.
    Ps im that clueless, that ram and gb mean nothing to me so please treat me with kid gloves.
    Thanks for reading.

9 times outta 10. A pc in, pc world will be exactly what you described not wanting ie going to play a game and realise you won't have enough power. Regardless of what the guy in the shop will say. Most likely along the lines of yeah this can play games it has " 8 gigs of ram"..

Fill out forum template. Will make it easier to figure a build for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

9 times outta 10. A pc in, pc world will be exactly what you described not wanting ie going to play a game and realise you won't have enough power. Regardless of what the guy in the shop will say. Most likely along the lines of yeah this can play games it has " 8 gigs of ram"..

Fill out forum template. Will make it easier to figure a build for your needs.

Thanks for the reply. So your saying 8 gigs of ram is not sufficient for gaming?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's not what he's saying. He's saying in PC world they have no idea what they're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

i found that http logicalincrements have good guides on what each part is and what they do.

It helped me understand everything when i had no clue what i was doing.
    Mybe it will help you out abit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have a look at dabs.ie or at TerrorFirmers adverts page. Be careful on adverts, a lot of people offloading crap as a great machine, Terrors stufff is grand.

Nowhere else springs to mind.

You may have a local boardsie who would build for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement