Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buisness Gmail Verify issue

Options
  • 29-11-2015 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Thought I would try Business gmail on our domain as imap is giving a few problems via Outlook.As per below instructions I added a Cname in the DNS section of the CPanel

"Add a record to your domain settings (Recommended)
    Add a verification record to your domain settings. Follow step-by-step instructions to open the Setup Wizard, receive your unique record (either TXT or CNAME depending on the preferences of your domain host), and add it to your domain settings so that Google can verify your domain ownership."

I asked our host to confirm settings and got the below response, I presumed that there would be no issue with our existing setup until the Mx records were altered in the C-panel (no alterations yet) but now we can receive email but cannot send. As mentioned we wanted to test run the gmail system but keep the existing one going until we are happy we are going to move
    lock/stock over. Is this not possible.

"Please note that you are using the wrong set of nameservers for your cPanel account. So any changes are not being used for live DNS.

Please reply letting us know if you want your domain to use the nameservers to allow for cPanel edits:

Nameservers:
    ns1.dnsireland.com
    ns2.dnsireland.com
    ns3.dnsireland.ie

Please note nameserver changes may take 24-48 hours to fully propagate online."

The MX entries you have set up on cPanel however are:
    0 mail."Our Domain" .

These are the google entries you need to make I presume when google have verified our domain and you want to start routing traffic via them which we have not done yet

1 aspmx.l.google.com.
    5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
    5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
    10 aspmx2.googlemail.com.
    10 aspmx3.googlemail.com.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

That suggests that your domain is registered to a different company than that used for your web-hosting. Therefore the domain changes are to be made on a different site.

The website is with letshost.ie?

If you can't find an old bill, try doing a WHOIS lookup for your domain name to discover the domain registry. If it ends in .ie, using the IEDR https://www.iedr.ie/
    If it's a com, .net, .org etc other whois websites such as http://whois.domaintools.com should work
    .eu is eurid https://www.eurid.eu/

If you can't send mail, what server is Outlook trying to use? mail."Your Domain"? Any error message from outlook?

Correct, you don't change the MX until you want mail delivery through google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks,
    IT seems to be registered to us now, maybe it wasn't before the rep updated the name servers but yet we were getting email fine for years. Below is the Whois . We haven't changed anything in outlook (mail server/psw), our out going/ incoming setting is "mail. our domain.ie".

I haven't got a response from a ticket/email we raised but the issue is now gone and email back working this morning. The only thing I did myself last night as a last result was to delete the CNAME entry I entered for google verification in the "DNS zone editor" of the C-panel before this issue arose.

Can anyone confirm if the CNAME entry would mess with us receiving our email as normal from the Letshost server. As I would like to play around with Business gmail but need to be change it back at short notice. Another words play around with it in the evening but have normal email back via LH before the morning if needed.

Now we have verified the domain with gmail is it simply a case of inputting the various setting in our C-panel in Mx records and a Cname in DNS zone when we want to route our email via Googles servers.

domain:
    descr:
    descr:
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: AOJ719-IEDR
    tech-c: ABG704-IEDR
    renewal: 27-January-2016
    holder-type: Billable
    wipo-status: N
    ren-status: Active
    in-zone: 1
    nserver: ns1.dnsireland.com