Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling vodafone contract

Options
  • 29-11-2015 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I got a vodafone bill pay phone for 24 months contract. I take it bcouse of my work. Now i change work and paying nearly €70 every month is killing me. I know if i would like to terminate my contract i will need to pay them whatever left to end of contract. My question is what will happens if i will just stop paying them? Any legal consequences?
    What will happens with the phone? I know that they can block it so want be able to use it... Will they do it?
    Maybe someone had that problem and can help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check your contract, but the phone may not be yours until you finish paying the contract?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why not call them and see if you can't be moved to a cheaper plan for starters?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 romi.dab

Nody wrote: »
    Why not call them and see if you can't be moved to a cheaper plan for starters?

I did. They told me that will Need to pay €300 fee for changing for cheaper plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ultimately you commited to a contract and cannot really expect that Vodafone would just let you off that contract. Best advice is to contact them again and see whats the best deal you can negotiate.
    70pm for 24 months is a very expensive contract to enter in to. Over €1600 in total.

But dont try to walk away from it. That will come back to hurt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

romi.dab wrote: »
    I did. They told me that will Need to pay €300 fee for changing for cheaper plan
    I'm guessing the €300 is how much your phone cost when you got it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement