Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS question ?

Options
  • 29-11-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

I have a bunch of unused hard drives lying around, I'm wondering what its like to a add program based nas system to an existing pc. Last thing I want is a dedicated nas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

thats what i was going to use, i was looking for first hand experience, i was going to just run it from a flash drive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

freenas annoyed me no end, after 2 years messing with it in a custom built system specifically designed for it, i went and bought a synology nas and have never looked back.

the best bit is that you can now get the synology OS to install on any PC to make your own homebrew synology nas without the expense with XPEnology

you can even run it as a VM if you like, just to try it out.

Advertisement