Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB mortgage payment taken out 2 days early

• 29-11-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I have a mortgage with PTSB with payment due do come out tomorrow Monday 30th. However it was taken out instead on Saturday morning 28th leaving me with an unauthorised overdraft, for which no doubt I will receive charges.
    Can they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If I recall this correctly, Funds must available at the end of the day before the direct debit is due for PTSB. So if it's due on Monday they run the transfer on the end of the day before which is Friday. You should see that the value is Monday but that transaction day is Friday.

I can't find the announcement that PTSB did about this when SEPA came, maybe someone else can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Pikasso wrote: »
    I have a mortgage with PTSB with payment due do come out tomorrow Monday 30th. However it was taken out instead on Saturday morning 28th leaving me with an unauthorised overdraft, for which no doubt I will receive charges.
    Can they do this?

This happened to me with Ulster bank but I then on the Saturday transferred money into the account through online banking and that payment jumped in ahead of the "Monday" mortgage payment. I didn't get any fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

This is normal when a payment is scheduled close to a weekend. As above, I never had any fees when this happened to my Ulsterbank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Thanks all for your replies

Advertisement