If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on surround sound system for newbie

Options
  • 29-11-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for advice on what system to buy for my sitting room, hoping you can help.

Room is 13.6ft (front to back) 15.6 ft (width) and wired left and right front and back. Tv is on right hand side of room and I plan to have centre speaker and sub positioned at tv with the other 4 speakers hanging on wall.

I am looking for best value for money (shocker :) ) and I am a complete newb when it comes to surround sound. Ideally I would like to plug all my devices: 

XBox One
    Satellite receiver
    Chromecast

into amp and then amp into TV. 

Ideally amp would support:
    Spotify playback TV on or off
    Bluetooth from phone with TV on or off
    Controllable from phone (don't need to use remote)

I have read that the new Dolby Atmos standard is amazing, but Im not sure if I have shot myself in the foot by only wiring room for 4 speakers? 

I looked at http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah012791 on your site and it seems to be providing what I need but not sure how speakers would workout, I only have cable for 5.1 not 7.1

Any help you could provide and/or alternative suggestions would be most appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

how does this work? Do richersounds people check posts on this forum?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod comment

Hi tw0nk,

The forum is run by folks from Richersounds, there has been an in-store and online sale on over the weekend as well as an Open Box sale online here on Boards so response time here might not be as prompt as usual. Someone will be along to reply to you shortly.

Cheers,

Ritz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.