Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***URGENT***Broadband account cancelled on advise of Eir - now cannot be reconnected

Options
  • 29-11-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

My phone line and broadband (efibre) have been with Eir for the past several years, I wanted to move my line and broadband to another provider (Pure) in August of this year. The line was transferred over to Pure but the broadband remained with Eircom (I don't know why this happened). I only realised this when I started to receive bills from both providers.

I did not want bills from separate providers so I decided I wanted to move both broadband and line back to Eir. I  called Pure and canceled the line and they gave me my UAN, they  had no issue with me cancelling the account immediately so that I could return to Eir. On 3rd of Nov I called Eir to have the line transferred back across.

After being transferred 5 times and on a call that lasted over an hour, I finally was transferred to the "win back" team who told me the only way to get my broadband and line back with Eir was to cancel my current fibre broadband and sign up to a new contract for both. I was told my broadband would be out of service for a day or two while the switchover took place. I went with this option and a day later my broadband was cut off. After a couple of day my broadband was still not working I called back and was told the switchover can take up to a week. 

Several calls later on the 18th I called again and was told my connection was stuck at 'Pending Active' and if it was like this from 3rd of Nov it the only option was to cancel the account and start again. At this stage I was told that my line could not support Efibre and I could only get NGB even though 50 mb efibre has been working perfectly well for several years! After a long discussion I felt I had no option but to cancel the order and accept the NGB broadband so I went through the whole process again of signing up again. It has been 11 days since signing up and I still have no broadband connection. I have called twice since but no one seems to be able to tell me what the problem is, each time I call I'm told something different. 

Can you please help me with the following 

1. Find out what the problem is with getting the new order through and working

2. Why will my line not support efibre even though it worked on my line for years.

I have 15 plus calls many up to an hour long to Eir Sales/Customer care on this over the last month. I have found the support to unbelievable inconsistent (each person you speak to tell you something different).  I have been advised that they will follow up and call back on nearly every occasion I have spoken to them, and in nearly all cases they have not called me back. 

I look forward to a prompt response on this query given I have received no satisfactory resolution to the issues I have experienced to date and am still without my service. 

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hello bren32

I am sorry to hear about this. I can understand your feelings and apologies for this negative experience are clearly in appropriate here.

I will be happy to do my best to answer these question for you so if you could please PM me any Order/account number you have that would be great.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bren32

Alan,

Any update on this, did you get my PM yesterday?

James

bren32 wrote: »
    Alan,

James
    Hi bren32

I am still awaiting clarification on this from a number of area within eir. I have not seen this occur before although I can assure you that I will remain solution focused and update you as soon as possible. In the meantime can you clarify if you still have working service with the other provider?

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Alan,

James
    Hi bren32

I am still awaiting clarification on this from a number of area within eir. I have not seen this occur before although I can assure you that I will remain solution focused and update you as soon as possible. In the meantime can you clarify if you still have working service with the other provider?

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Yes, my phone line is still working, but I have no broadband. 

Regards,

Brendan

Cheers bren32

Also, could you dial 19800 on your land line phone and tell me what it reads back?

Al

• Advertisement

If I dail 19800 I hear a message from Pure telecom

If I dail 19800 I hear a message from Pure telecom
    Thank you bren32

I'm currently still awaiting clarification on this but I will treat with urgency and get back to you asap

Al

Five days and not one meaningful update from eir support here. Looks like the support is just as bad as that received from phone support.

Five days and not one meaningful update from eir support here. Looks like the support is just as bad as that received from phone support.
    I understand why you would feel this way bren32

I see you have been in touch with eir on Twitter and we will treat with urgency.

Al

Alan,

Can you please provide some sort of update as to what the problem is and how is is being resolved?

James

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Alan,

Can you please provide some sort of update as to what the problem is and how is is being resolved?

James
    Hi James, 

Apologies for the delays Al has not been in. I've sent this to our escalation team for an update, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Shocking customer service jesus.

Tracey when will I have an update? I was told the same thing by Alan a week ago.

Advertisement