Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building my first computer, aid is appreciated.

Options
  • 29-11-2015 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €800 - €900

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming (Games such as Fallout 3/4, Skyrim, Battlefield and some recent releases)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?) Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?) No, unless I can take anything useful out of laptops.

5. Do you need a monitor?) No? I have a 22" 50Hz TV. It will have to do for now as I don't want my budget to raise another hundred or so.

5a. If yes, what size do you need?) ----

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?) Not sure of the resolution right now but I do plan on upgrading sometime next year so I'll worry about this then.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?) Yes, mouse, keyboard and speakers but literally any will do and I mean any, so I won't need help with this part x)

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?) Sure.

8. How can you pay?) Laser.

9. When are you purchasing?) Hopefully in the next 2 weeks. No rush though

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?) South Dublin

I've filled out the above just so people can consult it in relation to this : http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/QKvNdC.

A build I threw up based solely off price and review so please, any feed back is appreciated and I apologise for any ignorance.

I consider myself to be very familiar with computers but hardware isn't my forte :pac:

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drop PSU to a 500w, and drop CPU to an i5 4460 and lose the cooler.

Use funds to upgrade to a GTX970.

You'll have no performance loss from the CPU, big gain GPU wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Reduce the CPU to a core i5 4460, because you can't overclock that CPU on that motherboard.
    The PSU price wise is fine, if you can cut it back to 550/500 and make a good saving you can put your money to the R9 380X which is the best €250 graphics card you can buy right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Drop PSU to a 500w, and drop CPU to an i5 4460 and lose the cooler.

Use funds to upgrade to a GTX970.

You'll have no performance loss from the CPU, big gain GPU wise.

This is exactly what I would do.

Advertisement