Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in or near Swords for a month

Options
  • 29-11-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hey all,

Any suggestions on parking in or around Swords for just under a month?? Thinking of getting a taxi from there to the Airport as the parking is extortionate at the Airport...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You might be better off parking at the huge car park at Whitehall church, which is free, and hopping the bus to the airport. Swords is pay & display for car parks around the town, and if you park at Airside you'll be towed away after a couple of hours. There's a car park at the back of the Plaza in Swords, under the apartments and that would be your best bet if you want to park in Swords. They used to charge €8 for the day a couple of years ago, I don't know if they've increased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I'm not sure id be wanting to leave my car in a random car park 24/7 for a month!

People start seeing it there over and over and it may attract the wrong attention.

Why not just get a lift from wherever you're coming from? Apologies if your details give location. I'm on the app and can't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

justback83 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Any suggestions on parking in or around Swords for just under a month?? Thinking of getting a taxi from there to the Airport as the parking is extortionate at the Airport...

have you priced quikpark, the sometimes do deals and you can get it for as cheap as €4 per day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

there are plenty of estates around swords that are free but as already mentioned by others not sure Id be comfortable leaving my car that long on a residential street, I have a friend who lives out that way and he has seen cars with tires let down, not suggesting its a regular occurrence but I wouldn't risk it. The airport parking is hardly extortionate its usually a fiver a day but its really the length of time your going thats costing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

peteb2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure id be wanting to leave my car in a random car park 24/7 for a month!

People start seeing it there over and over and it may attract the wrong attention.

Why not just get a lift from wherever you're coming from? Apologies if your details give location. I'm on the app and can't see.

I thought the OP intended on driving to Swords each morning and taking a taxi to and from the airport rather than park in the short-term car park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I thought the OP intended on driving to Swords each morning and taking a taxi to and from the airport rather than park in the short-term car park?

two taxis a day would surely be more than a day in the red car park, Id say he means to leave the car there and go away. Well thats what I took from it anyway.

salmocab wrote: »
    two taxis a day would surely be more than a day in the red car park, Id say he means to leave the car there and go away. Well thats what I took from it anyway.

If that's the case I wouldn't advise parking in a housing estate either. I know the roads are public etc, but it'd be a bit mean to park outside someone's house and leave your car there for a month. With so many homes having two or even three cars, the estates are clogged enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hey all,

Leaving your car in Swords for a month?

Just get public transport to the airport... save you a lot of hassle, money and worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OP - leaving aside the undesirability of parking up for a month in Swords, a taxi to and from the airport will probably cost you the same as a week or more parking. Parking can be had for as little as €4.50 per day if you're willing to use car park 6 (The Blue Long Term) and book in advance.
    lawred2 wrote: »
    ....Just get public transport to the airport... save you a lot of hassle, money and worry.
    The OP may not live in an area served by public transport. It may not be feasible to drive to the nearest point of public transport and he/she would be in the same position regarding parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

OP - leaving aside the undesirability of parking up for a month in Swords, a taxi to and from the airport will probably cost you the same as a week or more parking. Parking can be had for as little as €4.50 per day if you're willing to use car park 6 (The Blue Long Term) and book in advance.

The OP may not live in an area served by public transport. It may not be feasible to drive to the nearest point of public transport and he/she would be in the same position regarding parking.

I'm going on holidays for a month and was hoping to leave the car somewhere. I have no intention of parking in an estate - I live in one and know the woe's!

Here's the situation - I finish work at around 5 in Tallaght, I live in Kimmage and need to get from there to the airport for around 5.45/6. A bus would definitely take longer than this and if possible, I'd like to have the €100+ quid for a return taxi/parking to have to spend on holidays!

• Advertisement

I'm going on holidays for a month and was hoping to leave the car somewhere. I have no intention of parking in an estate - I live in one and know the woe's!

Here's the situation - I finish work at around 5 in Tallaght, I live in Kimmage and need to get from there to the airport for around 5.45/6. A bus would definitely take longer than this and if possible, I'd like to have the €100+ quid for a return taxi/parking to have to spend on holidays!

I'm not convinced your car is going to get you there either in that time frame!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

With Peteb2 here. M50 is a disaster these days. One smash and your cooked timewise .
    Giving yourself 45mins to get from Tallaght to the airport alone is a tough call never mind parking up and making your way to the airport.

You'd be best spending your money on a taxi, he can use the bus lanes to get across the city and possibly hit the m50 from the West side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Leave Tallaght at 5pm and head home to Kimmage....leave Kimmage and head to Swords on the M50/M1....park the car in some random Swords housing estate and get the bus to the airport...all in 45 minutes?

Seriously?

I'd say you have a better chance of winning the Euromillions jackpot, than you do accomplishing all that in under an hour. Even if you left work at 3pm, you'd still have your work cut out for you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Taxi to work that morning, taxi to airport direct from work, taxi home when you come back.

Cheapest and fastest option

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

peteb2 wrote: »
    You'd be best spending your money on a taxi, he can use the bus lanes to get across the city and possibly hit the m50 from the West side.

Found a taxi company that offers fixed rates from Kimmage to the Airport (€28) so gonna go with that.

Might get out of work a bit earlier - thanks boardsies!

That's brilliant. Have a great holiday - for a whole month............. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Found a taxi company that offers fixed rates from Kimmage to the Airport (€28) so gonna go with that.

Might get out of work a bit earlier - thanks boardsies!

28 lids for that is a great rate. Enjoy your holiday!

Thats a mad price.
    Nearly cost that in a taxi from Swords to the airport!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

koutoubia wrote: »
    Thats a mad price.

Maybe if you were out in Killsallaghan or somewhere.

It's a taxi route I take regularly - airport to village and it's always around €13.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

koutoubia wrote: »
    Thats a mad price.
    pinkypinky wrote: »
    Maybe if you were out in Killsallaghan or somewhere.

It's a taxi route I take regularly - airport to village and it's always around €13.

it was a tongue in cheek comment about it being a great price from Kimmage to The Airport.

Advertisement