Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinead O'Connor facebook post today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Ive been thinking of dropping of social media for a while now.
    Some of the comments on her page and on here are disgusting.
    Whats wrong with people nowadays?

I left years ago, I think I'm the only one in my group not on any social media stuff, don't miss it.... But.... What happened with Snead?

Like her latest stuff must say, amazing voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think the issue for a lot of people is that the anonymous people who suffer in silence and dignity don't get a look in at all.

Unfortunately for other sufferers, Sinead O'Connor is not a nice person at all - just because she has a mental illness shouldn't preclude us from admitting that. She's probably not the best spokesperson for mental illnesses if we're looking for people to be more understanding.

Yes, because people with mental health issues should be expected to be rational, deliver their illness well and should hide in silence with dignity rather than bothering others with their issues...

If only people with mental heath issues just acted normal, like everyone else... the issue would just go away :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CameraBag

strandsman wrote: »
    I bet she'll be on the late late next friday night, tubs loves that kinda stuff

Oh no! I find his 'sincerity' in cases like this very.. Feigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Result. Onthe front pages of newspapers. Late Late appearance this week. The most arrogant and contrived 'celebrity' out there is O'Connor. Cannot stomach the woman.

And a sh1t singer. She shouts and rambles. Most overrated singer we've ever produced.

Don't care what you all fecting say sinead o'connor is miles better than miley cyrus (great video) but seriously im really glad she okay, her family and close friends must be worries sick about her but this is the public sinead o'connor we're talking about regardless of what ever reason brought this latest episode of her public life making so call headline news, hopefully her family and close friends can give the private sinead o'connor the hugs and support she needs and then when she ready get her back up on stage where the public sinead o'connor singer songwriter belongs.

The life and times of im a celebrity get me out of here reality making so call headline news she is for sure definitely not alone there, wish her all the best hugs and support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 casual observer

When will she be on the Late Late to talk about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 casual observer

Hadn't seen previous post re Late Late. Great minds think alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm all for taking the piss on boards. But allot of the comments here are in very poor taste. The woman is obviously in distress, and sure she is possibly seeking attention, but that is a part of what she is suffering... This is certainly not the work of someone who is in a rational state of mind.

Have some sympathy & pay attention to those around you; neighbors; family; friends; colleagues... if they are also acting out, it may not just because you think they're a dick... they might actually be struggling in life and need some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think the issue for a lot of people is that the anonymous people who suffer in silence and dignity don't get a look in at all.

Unfortunately for other sufferers, Sinead O'Connor is not a nice person at all - just because she has a mental illness shouldn't preclude us from admitting that. She's probably not the best spokesperson for mental illnesses if we're looking for people to be more understanding.

Who says she's a "spokesperson" for mental illness, or indeed that anyone should be a spokesperson for it? She just happens to be a person in the public eye who appears to be having a breakdown. That doesn't manke her a spokesperson.

As for "suffering in silence and dignity"? That's some of the more head up the arse stuff I've heard regarding mental illness.

• Advertisement

The Sun leads with World prays for Sinead. What utter bol€&x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I feel sorry for her and hope see can get through this tough patch.
    See obviously has spiritual, family and emotion issues.
    Fair play to the people ringing the Garda, they are coming from a place of compassion and should be congratulated on their caring attitude.
    Its people like them that make our society a more caring place.

walshb wrote: »
    Result. Onthe front pages of newspapers. Late Late appearance this week. The most arrogant and contrived 'celebrity' out there is O'Connor. Cannot stomach the woman.

And a sh1t singer. She shouts and rambles. Most overrated singer we've ever produced.

Mental illness isn't something to be joked about. She is a seriously ill woman. I hope she gets all the help she so badly needs.

Regarding her singing have a listen to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1owsa8v7fb4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Jezus those posts on her FB are awful. She's having a go at everyone in her family. Not exactly from somebody who is thinking rationally. I feel sorry for her kids.

Mental illness isn't something to be joked about. She is a seriously ill woman. I hope she gets all the help she so badly needs.

Regarding her singing have a listen to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1owsa8v7fb4

Who's joking about mental health issues? In her case I don't buy it at all. Never did. As mentioned by a previous poster she was never a nice person. That was the impression I always got from her. She's been dining out on controversy for the past 25 years. This latest stunt is no different than all the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Who's joking about mental health issues? In her case I don't buy it at all. Never did. As mentioned by a previous poster she was never a nice person. That was the impression I always got from her. She's been dining out on controversy for the past 25 years. This latest stunt is no different than all the others.

You should become a psychiatrist. You're instantly and to discredit any feigned mental illness just by gut instinct! What a talent!

• Advertisement

You should become a psychiatrist. You're instantly and to discredit any feigned mental illness just by gut instinct! What a talent!

No need to be a psychiatrist, just not a gullible so-and-so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FluffyMcCardy

Walshb you have to be a totally insensitive clod not to read her Facebook posts and not realise she is in a very dark place. Those are not the rational thoughts of a woman in full control of her faculties. Celebrity or no. She's a woman in trouble. Better you refrain from commenting rather than expose yourself further as intolerant and judgemental.

Walshb you have to be a totally insensitive clod not to read her Facebook posts and not realise she is in a very dark place. Those are not the rational thoughts of a woman in full control of her faculties. Celebrity or no. She's a woman in trouble. Better you refrain from commenting rather than expose yourself further as intolerant and judgemental.

Let's wait and see. For now I will reserve my empathy and sympathy for genuine people in need of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Regardless of whether or not you like her as a singer, the person writing those posts was very unwell. I read some of them but stopped because I started to feel unpleasantly voyeuristic. I very much doubt she had her children taken off her and all her family, St. Pat's and the Gardai involved in this episode as a publicity stunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

She's still ranting away on facebook.
    Why hasn't she been sectioned?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

shanered wrote: »
    I feel sorry for her and hope see can get through this tough patch.
    See obviously has spiritual, family and emotion issues.
    Fair play to the people ringing the Garda, they are coming from a place of compassion and should be congratulated on their caring attitude.
    Its people like them that make our society a more caring place.
    furiousox wrote: »

Half the country rants on fb; should we section them all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Have you read her posts?

CPL 593H

Have you read her posts?

No...

What are they saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

strandsman wrote: »
    I bet she'll be on the late late next friday night, tubs loves that kinda stuff

Gay Byrne used to love her. Had her on LLS a lot and was always sickening sweet to her.
    She obviously has a lot of problems and unless you walk in her shoes you dont know that its like for her. Im not a fan of hers but always thought she seemed like she had a lot of problems.
    Its so sad to see she's still posting on Facebook today. Goes to show she mustnt have too many friends she feels she can confide in.

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Gay Byrne used to love her. Had her on LLS a lot and was always sickening sweet to her.
    She obviously has a lot of problems and unless you walk in her shoes you dont know that its like for her. Im not a fan of hers but always thought she seemed like she had a lot of problems.
    Its so sad to see she's still posting on Facebook today. Goes to show she mustnt have too many friends she feels she can confide in.

Gay's obsession with her was 'dirty old man' stuff. Horrible.

Gay's obsession with her was 'dirty old man' stuff. Horrible.

Uuuuuugh!!. I used to cringe when he was interviewing her and I thought she was the most boring person to listen to. Dont mean to knock her but she just wasnt my cup of tea

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Uuuuuugh!!. I used to cringe when he was interviewing her and I thought she was the most boring person to listen to. Dont mean to knock her but she just wasnt my cup of tea

He was sickening around her. Remember the time on the Late Late a while back where she told the story about him running his hands up and down her spine as his wife was beside him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

From her posts, it seems she's in hospital. Most psychiatric hospitals allow you access to your phone. I know St Pats does, and that's the one she referenced in her posts.

He was sickening around her. Remember the time on the Late Late a while back where she told the story about him running his hands up and down her spine as his wife was beside him....

Says it all really:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Let's wait and see. For now I will reserve my empathy and sympathy for genuine people in need of it.

I don't know why you think you know her mind or what qualifies you to know who's "genuine".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

She is a victim of rape among other things and has been diagnosed with PTSD as well as other mental health conditions. She is not well.

In a personal context having met the woman numerous times she is very nice and genuine and very honest perhaps too much so. I hope she feels better soon, its apparent from following her facebook page that she has been slowly sliding downhill over the past 4/5 months, she has a lot going on but hopefully she will get the help she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭maebee

No...

What are they saying?

Sinead O'Connor
    2 hrs · Edited ·
    Jake, Roisin, Jr., frank, Donal, Eimear, I never wanna see you again. You stole my sons from me. Then you had hypocrisy to come to hospital and then not be here when I wake and not pick up phone? I'm **** to you. You're dead to me. You killed your mother. You stole my sons. You left me alone for twelve weeks! Why did I have to hear it was your hypocritical asses here while I was unconscious?? And now you're Gone and not picking up phone? You are child stealing murderers, I never want to see or hear from any of you again. Why were you here when you're the ones who put me here???? And where the **** are you now??? Murderers. Liars. Hypocrites. All of you. You caused this.

She is a very troubled lady :(

maebee wrote: »
    She is a very troubled lady :(

I saw all that. I thought there was more. Anyway, point still stands. Where have some people been living? This is 25 years of this crap. You'd swear it was a first. The woman is bonkers, but it's all very contrived, and I personally find it difficult to have sympathy in her case. I do not wish her harm, but I wouldn't be feigning concern and sympathy. She's still an attention seeking media whore. No law against that, but I won't be falling for her latest stunt for publicity.

Full Marx wrote: »
    She is a victim of rape among other things and has been diagnosed with PTSD as well as other mental health conditions. She is .

I din't know that she was a victim of rape. Was this reported-proved-convicted?

No wonder there is a stigma towards mental health reading some of the opinions in this thread.

No surprise from some of those posters. Says more about them tbh.

No need to be a psychiatrist, just not a gullible so-and-so...
    Half the country rants on fb; should we section them all?
    I saw all that. I thought there was more. Anyway, point still stands. Where have some people been living? This is 25 years of this crap. You'd swear it was a first. The woman is bonkers, but it's all very contrived, and I personally find it difficult to have sympathy in her case. I do not wish her harm, but I wouldn't be feigning concern and sympathy. She's still an attention seeking media whore. No law against that, but I won't be falling for her latest stunt for publicity.

Exhibit A.

Well done Macho man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

groovyg wrote: »
    Jezus those posts on her FB are awful. She's having a go at everyone in her family. Not exactly from somebody who is thinking rationally. I feel sorry for her kids.

Ya it's the kids you would feel sorry for, lock her up and throw away the key and don't give her anymore airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Had she succeeded in killing herself we'd now be in a headline situation with radio stations lauding her and all the 'what a waste' lamenting. Given that she didn't succeed I think someone needs to intervene and give her the help she needs. I'm the last person who falls for her usual attention seeking antics and her chosen method of using the public forum of facebook reeks of publicity stunt ( hasn't she ever heard of text/email?) but if u read the actual posts you must see that she is so detailed and insistent in her thoughts that you see that it is more than just her wanting attention. She is clearly deranged in her thinking. Regardless of her future ...... I can't see it ending well for her. How sad.

It seem like all this started because she cant see her kids which i think any parent in that situation would voice their anger in whatever way they could, but its really sad shes gone public with this but she has live in the public eye most of her life, whats really sad about all this is her kids are reading what everyone else is reading and as we all know nasty things can be said in anger and she certainly not holding back, really sad for her kids.

Wont look good for her in family court situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭blackbox

Sinead is a very strange person...

..and do you know what, that's a great thing. We need people like that. If we were all worthy labourers, what a dull place our world would be. It's unfortunate that she's also troubled.

She is a national treasure.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

blackbox wrote: »
    Sinead is a very strange person...

..and do you know what, that's a great thing. We need people like that. If we were all worthy labourers, what a dull place our world would be. It's unfortunate that she's also troubled.

She is a national treasure.

Are you taking the pi55

Are you taking the pi55

Give the woman a break will you theres two sides to every story and she clearly going through some serious problems in her life right now.

Give the woman a break will you theres two sides to every story and she clearly going through some serious problems in her life right now.

Been listening to her rants for 25 years, she should be giving her kids a break instead of going on FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Been listening to her rants for 25 years, she should be giving her kids a break instead of going on FB.

Is that you, John Waters?

A break? The woman is forever courting attention. Give us a fooking break and fook off.

Someone (maybe Sinead) just described that woman as a national treasure. You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement

You dont understand do you shes live in the public eye most of her life and thats the only life she knows.

Is that you, John Waters?

Is that you Gay?

blackbox wrote: »

From what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

I think Facebook have a role to play here. I mean a lot of her posts contain very sensitive information about a child. Have they no duty to care at all?!? God love her. And her family. Very obvious mental health problems.

A break? The woman is forever courting attention. Give us a fooking break and fook off.

Someone (maybe Sinead) just described that woman as a national treasure. You couldn't make it up.

You do understand the meaning "nasty things can be said in anger" and whats this "fook off" haha.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement