Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to DVD

Options
  • 29-11-2015 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi folks - would anyone know of a place in the city centre or even elsewhere where I could get an old vhs cassette transferred to dvd? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

http://www.justmedia.ie

Based in finglas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's a place on Burgh quay - no idea of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

spurious wrote: »
    There's a place on Burgh quay - no idea of price.

I could be wrong but think they used to be on Talbot St or near enough to Connolly Station. They do a fast service but's it's not cheap iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Friends of mine used a place on Earlsfort Terrace. Dunno price but they were happy with the service

http://vhstodvddublin.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Cheers for the tips, keep them coming, got one quote of €27 so will shop around a bit further!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Cheers for the tips, keep them coming, got one quote of €27 so will shop around a bit further!

To be honest that's probably about the best you'll get.

I've seen people try to charge a whole heap more a few years back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think the reason for the cost is that they still have to be done in real time, so a three hour tape will take three hours to transfer to a PC and that's before any reformatting or burning to a disc is done.

It's the reason I haven't transferred a load of stuff I have myself. I'm worried if they ever do speed up the process, my tapes will be in too crap a state to be copied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Advertisement