Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pentium G3258 doesnt come with a cooler????

Options
  • 29-11-2015 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

On Komplett the Pentium g3258 is going for 79 euro which is the best ive seen (have you seen better, Where??) but it says that cooler not included but surely that's not right could someone else check and give me there opinion on that. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Pretty much any retail CPU in the consumer segment will ship with a (crappy) cooler.

If an article is shipping without one then it is likely either a) an incomplete second-hand item or b) an OEM or "tray" CPU which ships without, well, anything really. Except maybe a little anti-static bag to contain it during shipping :p

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

They might be selling the trayed version?
    But if it's the box, then it should come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The G3258 is designed to be overclocked (unlocked multiplier), so they sell a tray (no cooler - likely the one you're looking at) and boxed (with cooler) version.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jack kelly

Well this is a new g3258 on Komplett.ie so does that mean it does come with a cooler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If this is for gaming and I presume it must be, just go the extra €40 and get an i3-4160. The G3258 is rubbish for a lot the latest games, even overclocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

They're out of stock of it at the moment anyway, but it's generally bought for overclocking hence the lack of a cooler.
    It's about the same price on Amazon.co.uk after Parcel Motel is factored in.

Amazon.fr have it for E65.

Advertisement