Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulbs keep blowing in ceiling light

Options
  • 29-11-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I wonder would anyone have any advice for me? I have 2 " 5 x 40W Ceiling Lights with Black Finish and White Shades" in the open plan kitchen / living room. The problem is the bulbs keep blowing and more recently if they blow a new bulb wont work in holder. Unfortunately at one side of the room only 2 of the 5 are now working. So anyone any ideas on what direction should I go? I am guessing I will have to get new light fittings but unless I find out the problem it could just keep happening with a new one. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace a light bulb holder? That might be an option too. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Are they screw in bulbs
    If so then the centre pin that makes contact with the bulb may be pushed down too far into the fitting. It needs to be hooked back up.

Do not attempt this unless you're 100% sure that the power is off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

First what type of bulb are they are they BC or ES or low voltage, check the voltage make sure you replace like for like maybe a picture would help of light fitting with the ratings on it, also you could try an LED bulb if your others are blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 iliketrees

Thanks for the replies, I ll give these a look on my day off. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Vibration can cause premature lamp failure.

As can cheap lamps. Although decent incandescent lamps are hard to get now since the ban, although rough service ones are still available.

Advertisement