Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast in Castlebar

Options
  • 29-11-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Looking for some advice on where to go for breakfast in Castlebar town.

Looking for a decent fry with all the extras

Have been to the Galway roast, pretty good.

Where else do you recommend, preferably in the town centre, thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Try Cafe Rua, on Spencer Street

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

cant fault thunder road cafe on main st.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭piobhan

Spocker wrote: »
    Try Cafe Rua, on Spencer Street
    irishgeo wrote: »
    cant fault thunder road cafe on main st.

Will try them, like to go somewhere central in a Saturday or Sunday morning, will try them all, keep them coming if worthy of a mention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a cup of coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Rua. Lovely coffee

• Advertisement

costa coffee in tesco. not a coffee drinker myself but the hot chocolate is lovely.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

Lilly's at the back of Supervalu,mighty feed from Peter and super customer service......you will not have to eat again for the day! A fry to die for and the 'Special' with mouth watering tender steak is just class.

ethical wrote: »
    Lilly's at the back of Supervalu,mighty feed from Peter and super customer service......you will not have to eat again for the day! A fry to die for and the 'Special' with mouth watering tender steak is just class.

Are they still closed on a sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

As far as I know they are closed on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Some fry alright, pity it's not open Sundays.

• Advertisement

Thanks, will try Lilly's out as well

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

The Tara Cafe in between penny's and super value... very good food and top class service...

smallfry wrote: »
    The Tara Cafe in between penny's and super value... very good food and top class service...

Must try that as well,

I've since tried the thunder cafe on Main Street and Lilly's at the back of super valu.
    Good sized portions in Lilly's, but the gf wasn't impressed with the overall place, I thought the food was decent and good service, definitely left full.
    Thunder cafe was very good, the best so far in my opinion.

So far, of the 3 I've been to, I'd rank them in this order,

1. Thunder cafe
    2. Galway roast
    3. Lilly's

Have still yet to try cafe rua and the Tara cafe for breakfast, I'm sure there is others as well

piobhan wrote: »
    Must try that as well,

I've since tried the thunder cafe on Main Street and Lilly's at the back of super valu.
    Good sized portions in Lilly's, but the gf wasn't impressed with the overall place, I thought the food was decent and good service, definitely left full.
    Thunder cafe was very good, the best so far in my opinion.

So far, of the 3 I've been to, I'd rank them in this order,

1. Thunder cafe
    2. Galway roast
    3. Lilly's

Have still yet to try cafe rua and the Tara cafe for breakfast, I'm sure there is others as well

There's a place beside citizens information called "the brewery cup" I think. I'm not sure what the breakfast is like but the make a decent bacon, ham and cheese wrap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

corsav6 wrote: »
    There's a place beside citizens information called "the brewery cup" I think. I'm not sure what the breakfast is like but the make a decent bacon, ham and cheese wrap :)

They used to do a monster of a fry in there, probably still do but have not been in for ages.

Xenji wrote: »
    They used to do a monster of a fry in there, probably still do but have not been in for ages.

It's always packed, and with 2 kiddies it would be very hard to enjoy your food in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

it has GOT to be Cafe Rua. Staff are so so lovely, they make all their own stuff, food is gorgeous.

I have no connection to it, but I just love to spread the love for great little spots like this. I definitely stop by when I am in that neck of the woods

it has GOT to be Cafe Rua. Staff are so so lovely, they make all their own stuff, food is gorgeous.

I have no connection to it, but I just love to spread the love for great little spots like this. I definitely stop by when I am in that neck of the woods

What put me off Rua was when I went in with my heavily pregnant girlfriend and she sat down at a table only to be told that she had to order before she was allowed sit.

Advertisement