Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London - Night out recommendations

Options
  • 29-11-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I thought it might be nice if given our varying experience of London, we could provide some recommendations about events, pubs, etc as we find them.

To start, I went to the Fulham Opera's production of The Flying Dutchman last night, tickets 20-25£. The last run is next weekend. I don't know much about opera, but I really enjoyed their interpretation as they weaved the story of boat people and refugees into the workings of the opera eg you have to register as a refugee on arrival, get tagged, given a blanket and sent into a cold church hall which is actually the set. The singing was also excellent.

http://www.fulhamopera.co.uk/

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

We have a dedicated pub thread here so pub recommendations can go in there.

Other nightlife ideas & events can stay in this thread.

I went to see Cats last week at The Palladium. Really enjoyed it! It doesn't really have a plot but it doesn't matter, the singing and dancing is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Hangmen by Martin McDonagh at the Wyndham's Theatre from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Hey all!

The Royal Opera House has released the tickets for Spring/Summer 2016. There's still a few £11 tickets if you want a cheap introduction to operas such as Boris Godunov.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Hangmen by Martin McDonagh at the Wyndham's Theatre from tomorrow

Thinking of checking this out in the coming week...........tickets are costly though:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

frag420 wrote: »
    Thinking of checking this out in the coming week...........tickets are costly though:mad:

I booked ages ago and got tickets for £18, there were up in the upper level though. The play was brilliant, well worth a visit, I'd definitely recommend it even if its going to cost a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement