Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone reccomend a good roofer?

Options
  • 29-11-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone reccomend a good roof repairer in the Leinster area (Kildare / Wicklow) Would really appreciate a "word of mouth" referral as there's so many cowboys & scams out there, as I have been discovering since I started looking around for one. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

We used Chilli Byrne from Newbridge to put in vents in our attic so may not be what you want. Neighbour did the same. He is around a long time and very fair to deal with. Not sure how far he will travel. Very unlikely to get any roofer to work in this weather and may not do anything until well into the new year. His number 087-669-9902. Note: Does not answer texts !

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

We used John McGuirk (Cutbush) a few years back for a leak in our roof and would definitely say we got a good job at a reasonable rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

sing_dumb wrote: »
    Would really appreciate a "word of mouth" referral as there's so many cowboys & scams out there, as I have been discovering since I started looking around for one. .

So, so many and at all price points , market sectors , nationalities / backgrounds etc etc . Hard NOT to get stung .Mechanics , plumbers , builders , Tilers electricians ( need I mention Tarmac/paving ?!) etc etc

Must be down 10k at the hands of cowboys in last decade ...and then there's solicitors , estate agents etc etc

Once you find a good one value them although it's pretty much impossible to find one that is punctual , fairly priced AND reliable .( I think the old "pick 2 of the 3 - cheap / fast / well- rule " applies .)

EDIT Just spent last few hours since posting putting right a rattling /vibrating washing machine due to non level concrete floor installed by cowboy builder . Kitchen cabinet maker ( if that's not too grand a title to bestow on him ) seemed averse to putting the full quota of screws in fittings a trait the guy who did my garden gates shares with him .Cowboys Ted , Cowboys ...

Advertisement