Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish Female Racer goes to European Championship

• 29-11-2015 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi Guys & Girls

I have met some of you before on spins and at the race circuits, but for those that don't know me my name is Nicole Lynch and I currently race an SV650 in the Production Twins class in the Irish, Ulster and Adelaide Masters motorcycle racing championships.

I've been racing for 2 years, in 2014 on an Aprilia RS125 achieving a best result of 3rd place and in 2015 on my Medlar Racing SV650 achieving a best result of 5th place, and achieving 9th place in the Ulster and Masters Championships (out of about 30 riders) and 11th place overall in the Irish Championship.

I have recently applied for and been selected as one of only 10 female racers in the world to race in the 2016 European Junior Cup which will run alongside the World Superbikes for their european rounds. This is the first time a female MCUI licence holder has been accepted to race in the EJC and will also be the first time a female racer from Ireland will race on an international level. Previously the age limit to be accepted into the EJC was 21 which unfortunately ruled me out, however for the 2016 season this has been ratified to accept female racers up to the age of 24. As I am 24 at the end of this year, next year is my one and only chance to enter the EJC and I am delighted to have been selected.

I have had what I would consider a successful year in 2015 racing on the Irish Short Circuits, getting results inside the top 10 in both the Adelaide Masters and Ulster Championships in just my first year of racing on an SV650 in the production twins class. I have also improved my times around Mondello Park by 14 seconds since the start of the year after lapping the circuit with a 1.01 lap time which is the quickest lap set by a female motorcycle racer at the circuit. I would now love to take the step to international racing to help further my career. The costs for racing in this championship for the 2016 are huge. We have estimated the costs at €50,000 for the championship to include entry fee, travel and accommodation for myself and two pit crew for the season.

I'm posting this here to ask for your help in raising some of the money to help me get to the European Championships. I have created a gofundme page at https://www.gofundme.com/nicolelynchracing and if any of you could help me by donating I would really appreciate it, or if you could even share my story around and help me get more people on board to help.

You can follow my progress on https://www.facebook.com/NicoleLynchRacing/
    https://twitter.com/NicoleLynch21

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

CSfqlK9WoAAgIrz.jpg:large

CSLQH5RWcAAqN7F.jpg:large

CQqr0J0W8AAsFG8.jpg:large

CKby5N0WsAA4Tpj.jpg:large

11255794_10153329161748679_3516323947224515858_n.jpg?oh=8eff5f7d66cecb161b7a35add747df1b&oe=56E32289

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

This is exactly what pi$$es me off about the lottery.. the right people never win it..

Good luck Nicole, if you give up the bikes theres a modelling career out there for ya...;);):o

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

This is exactly what pi$$es me off about the lottery.. the right people never win it..

Good luck Nicole, if you give up the bikes theres a modelling career out there for ya...;);):o

Thankyou :) The lotto would be handy alright! I'm very lucky that I have some generous sponsors signed up for 2016 who are helping to cover a lot of the cost of the entry fee itself, but where I need help is in covering the cost of flights, accommodation and hire car costs as these are the things that add up. So I set up the go fund me page and hopefully that will add up and if it even helps me out with one flight it would be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well done Nicole. Keep 'er lit, hi! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Fair play.

Hope she does really well and puts alot of the lads over there to shame too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Fair play.

Hope she does really well and puts alot of the lads over there to shame too.

She's already putting a lot of lads to shame imo...220 views and only 3 people wishing her luck....pitiful..i'm guessin theyre ego's are bruised....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

She's already putting a lot of lads to shame imo...220 views and only 3 people wishing her luck....pitiful..i'm guessin theyre ego's are bruised....:rolleyes:

actions speak louder than words though. doesn't really matter if nobody wishes her luck as long as they donate! if people just gave a fiver (if they can afford it considering the time of year) it would make a difference.

best of luck pipz - show em how its done!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fair play Pipz i'll follow you up on fb and try to remember to fund when i'm home at computer properly.. Have a soft spot for sv650 meself, best of luck for the upcoming season..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 poshea69

well done , best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Thanks so much for all of the support guys. And thankyou to those who have donated I really appreciate it. I know it's not the best time of year for people so thank you so much for being so generous.

Advertisement