Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday night later bar

Options
  • 30-11-2015 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Will be in Dublin on Wednesday,what's the busiest late bar mid week?,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

All depends on what you're after? Music? Age range? etc...

• Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

Doyles at the end of westmoreland St is usually pretty busy. Wednesday night tends to be student night in quite a few places in Dublin, might be worth checking out the Web beforehand for wherever you decide to end up, if you're not into that sort of crowd. Dame street/George's St area would be your best bet. Plenty of places that'll be busy, most a handy walk to each other if you don't like the vibe in one.

I'd avoid temple bar the, most of them are overpriced tourist traps. There's only two that are reasonable and consistently good craic. Garage bar, Essex St and the foggy dew, beside the square on Dame St. Not sure if either are late bars on a Wednesday though(they foggy probably is, I'm pretty sure garage bar isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Yakkyda wrote: »
    Doyles at the end of westmoreland St is usually pretty busy. Wednesday night tends to be student night in quite a few places in Dublin, might be worth checking out the Web beforehand for wherever you decide to end up, if you're not into that sort of crowd. Dame street/George's St area would be your best bet. Plenty of places that'll be busy, most a handy walk to each other if you don't like the vibe in one.

I'd avoid temple bar the, most of them are overpriced tourist traps. There's only two that are reasonable and consistently good craic. Garage bar, Essex St and the foggy dew, beside the square on Dame St. Not sure if either are late bars on a Wednesday though(they foggy probably is, I'm pretty sure garage bar isn't.
    Cheers,we're actually staying close to Dame street so might check out a few places there.

• Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

The mercantile (most likely student night) the place next door(can't remember name, think it's a rock bar though, never been but have heard it's a good spot) 4 dame lane(behind the mercantile) and the globe(just around the corner on George's st) and koda so (just up from the globe, opposite side)Hogans (midway up George's st) are good spots, ye won't go too far wrong with any of them.

There's a couple of decent, reasonably priced restaurants in that immediate area too if your planning on dinner.
    Brassiere 66(European) acapupolco(Mexican) yamamori(Japanese) the market bar(kinda tapas style) are all within that area (5 mind from all those boozers)
    Have a good night anyway, grand area for night out.

The mercantile (most likely student night) the place next door(can't remember name, think it's a rock bar though, never been but have heard it's a good spot) 4 dame lane(behind the mercantile) and the globe(just around the corner on George's st) and koda so (just up from the globe, opposite side)Hogans (midway up George's st) are good spots, ye won't go too far wrong with any of them.

There's a couple of decent, reasonably priced restaurants in that immediate area too if your planning on dinner.
    Brassiere 66(European) acapupolco(Mexican) yamamori(Japanese) the market bar(kinda tapas style) are all within that area (5 mind from all those boozers)
    Have a good night anyway, grand area for night out.
    That's great,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not sure if either are late bars on a Wednesday though(they foggy probably is, I'm pretty sure garage bar isn't.

Last time i was in Foggy midweek they shut up shop bang on closing time (12:30 on a Thurs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The Czech Inn

syklops wrote: »
    The Czech Inn

We're actually staying not far from that place,I've never been, but have heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Workmans without a doubt. The only place I know of that is actually busy on a Wednesday.

Advertisement