Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsdirect customer service (+lost packet?)

Options
  • 30-11-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am in bit of unusual situation with Sportsdirect so would like to know what are your opinions on this and what should I do.

Long story short:

Bought a ball few months back on their page (and some other stuff), didn't use it at all since then. Pumped it up and left it sitting in the corner. Went for holidays, came back home to find the ball to be flat (after three weeks). Pumped it up again and after 2 weeks it was flat again. I didn't even kick the ball once.

Contacted the customer service and they told me to send it back. I said I am not paying the postage so they sent me some Freepost number (I don't know why, we are not in UK). So I went to the post office and sent the ball back. Paid 8.40e for the postage (just regular post). This was in the beginning of November (11th Wednesday). One week after that I sent them an email asking about an update on the situation and if they got the ball. No reply. I did a mistake when I sent them a copy of the receipt, because they can clearly see that it isn't signed for and therefore can just say it didn't arrive. I sent them another few emails asking them why they are not replying to my emails. I then went on their facebook page and sent them a message. They asked me to give them the order number and after one day I got an email with apology (I am not accepting their apology - writing an email takes one minute max) saying that the packed still isn't there and return may take up to 14 days to process. This was 21st November (Saturday) so last week.

I can try to send them an email but they might not reply (they seem to be very slow). Will I just wait a week and contact them again? If they say the ball still isn't there where will I start?

And how to combat poor customer service in general? I am in similar situation with eiretyres.com where they clearly say on their webpage that fitting one tyre at certain fitting station costs 8 euro but in fact they charge 10 euro (was there month ago). They told me that they will ask and get that information for me. This was tuesday and for the rest of the week no answer. I cancelled the order because I don't need the tyres and told them that their phone numbers are not working and their customer service is very slow (basically they are not able to get the most simple information for me for 3 days).

Advertisement