Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modelling jigsaw blades

• 30-11-2015 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    Does anyone know where u can get modelling jigsaw blades or micro jigsaw blades for the jigsaw they had for sale in lidl last week
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Alex o wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know where u can get modelling jigsaw blades or micro jigsaw blades for the jigsaw they had for sale in lidl last week
    Thx

Is that a powered jigsaw.? The standard length is 5" and you can have plain or pinned end. Try online ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alex o

I have tried online but can't find anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP I took a look at these jigsaws in Lidl (someone had opened a box up) and thought getting replacement blades might be a problem. So I wondered if cut down fretsaw blades would fit. Take a blade from the jigsaw and compare it with a pack of fretsaw blades. If they are the right size you can try snapping them to the right length and if that fails a pair of wire cutters or disc cutter might do the trick. https://www.google.ie/search?q=fretsaw+blades&tbm=isch&tbo=u

The pins at the end of a fretsaw blade normally punch out easily but if you can mount the blade part itself then one fretsaw blade might make 4 jigsaw blades?

Edit> Ditto coping saw blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stevejb

i phoned Lidl about this and they gave me the name of the company that supplies them , their name is PROXXON, they sell online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Axminster.co.uk carry Proxxon gear.

Edit: not jigsaws though, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Olson are the market leaders in power jigsaw blades. They are all over ebay - just specify a flat end and the TPI. Spiral blades are tempting but the don't give as neat a cut.

Advertisement