Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Edmunds Park - Liffey Valley - Opinions Please

• 29-11-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

We're looking at St. Edmund's Park and have done a couple of visits - seems nice. Did the drug treatment clinic go ahead? Anyone living in the area recommend it? Are there good schools?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Arbie wrote: »
    We're looking at St. Edmund's Park and have done a couple of visits - seems nice. Did the drug treatment clinic go ahead? Anyone living in the area recommend it? Are there good schools?

Its pretty close to Fonthill, there is some buidling across from it, not sure what it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Hi - any updates on St Edmunds?! We viewed one of the houses there last night and loved it.

One of the flatmates would have to walk to and from the bus stop at Hermitage Golf Club - is this walk safe??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,561 ✭✭✭Heroditas

justback83 wrote: »
    Hi - any updates on St Edmunds?! We viewed one of the houses there last night and loved it.

One of the flatmates would have to walk to and from the bus stop at Hermitage Golf Club - is this walk safe??

Why do they have to walk that far? Would they not be better walking to the stops by Liffey Valley? Much shorter distance.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Why do they have to walk that far? Would they not be better walking to the stops by Liffey Valley? Much shorter distance.

The one at hermitage hospital would be closer again. And the clarion for getting off on the way home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,561 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The one at hermitage hospital would be closer again. And the clarion for getting off on the way home

Good point! I always forget that the Clarion stop is after the Liffey Valley one.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Good point! I always forget that the Clarion stop is after the Liffey Valley one.

What Clarion stop?!!

What Clarion stop?!!

Didn't even know this stop existed!!! Thanks!

Didn't even know this stop existed!!! Thanks!

So on your way out from the city, the next stop after Liffey Valley is the clarion stop on the N4

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daisydoll32

Hi,

I am looking at buying an apartment in the estate but a girl in work told me today that her sister is in the houses and that they are having pyrite issues.Is this the same with the apartments?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi,

I am looking at buying an apartment in the estate but a girl in work told me today that her sister is in the houses and that they are having pyrite issues.Is this the same with the apartments?

There was pyrite issues in some of the developments in St. Eds- but its my understanding that remedial works were undertaken and the units fully sorted. You should confirm this with the vendor and the Management Company first of all though. You should also mention it to the engineer doing your survey.

• Advertisement

hi

From speaking to the girl in work, it was only something that has been found out recently about the houses. I didnt think there was any work done to fix it, but i could be wrong but I can try and find out this tomoro. I am intrested in an apartment but dont know if it would affect those to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

hi

From speaking to the girl in work, it was only something that has been found out recently about the houses. I didnt think there was any work done to fix it, but i could be wrong but I can try and find out this tomoro. I am intrested in an apartment but dont know if it would affect those to.

Most of the recent apartment rentals were on very short leases- as work was supposed to start on the 31st. No idea how long it was to take. You need to clarify this with the Management Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 midsummer21

hi

Most of the recent apartment rentals were on very short leases- as work was supposed to start on the 31st. No idea how long it was to take. You need to clarify this with the Management Company.

Interesting, as looked at a house and apartment there also. Conductor can I ask your sources or how do you know? If you dont mind. Thanks

I wonder if only short term rental was given because there were 160 apartments for sale by Hooke & McDonald in Sept 2016? They probably wanted to sell with short leases only?

If there is pyrite in the houses, does that mean it's the same for the apartments? They seem nice with high spec.

@theconductor was it only rumoured that work was to begin, or is that true?

Advertisement