Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM money not returned

Options
  • 30-11-2015 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,

On 18th November I attempted to withdraw 100 euro from the BoI ATM machine in Dunnes Stores, Ongar, Dublin 15.  I walked away without taking the money.  When I realised my mistake I spoke with the Dunnes security guard who was able to show me the security camera during this time.  We were able to see that the money was taken back in to the ATM machine i.e. no one else took it.  I did make another 100 euro withdrawl about 10 minutes after this but I collected that money.  

I expected that my account would have already been credited with the 100 euro but that hasn't happened.  Can someone contact me to discuss how I go about getting this money returned to my account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

guinang wrote: »
    Hi,

On 18th November I attempted to withdraw 100 euro from the BoI ATM machine in Dunnes Stores, Ongar, Dublin 15.  I walked away without taking the money.  When I realised my mistake I spoke with the Dunnes security guard who was able to show me the security camera during this time.  We were able to see that the money was taken back in to the ATM machine i.e. no one else took it.  I did make another 100 euro withdrawl about 10 minutes after this but I collected that money.  

I expected that my account would have already been credited with the 100 euro but that hasn't happened.  Can someone contact me to discuss how I go about getting this money returned to my account?
    Good Morning guinang,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

When funds are not dispensed by an ATM, they usually recredit the account the next working day. When this does not happen it is necessary for an ATM dispute form to be sent away. This is done by us, and you can request one by calling 0818365365 selecting option 1 followed by the * key. 

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Thanks Evie.

I did contact that number and managed to get sorted.  

Just for future reference, particularly anyone else that is reading this thread....
    If you're not a BoI customer, but you have only used their facilities you must contact your own bank to raise the query.  Your bank will then open the dispute with BoI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi,

This is absolutely correct, you contact your own bank to raise this dispute and they will then get in touch with the ATM owner. Apologies I did not pick up on your initial request that you are a non-BOI customer. 

If there is anything else we can help with, let us know.

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement