Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Production lessons on FL Studio?

Options
  • 30-11-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is there anybody doing music production lessons for FL studio?

I'm a beginner who has been working at making my own house tracks the past few weeks, some decent turn outs but having a lot of trouble syncing vocals/keys.. Thought I may as well look for lessons :)

So does anybody know anywhere/anybody doing them?

I'd even consider lessons on abelton but I'd be new to it as in never used it before...

Cheers
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Dyl3 wrote: »
    Is there anybody doing music production lessons for FL studio?

I'm a beginner who has been working at making my own house tracks the past few weeks, some decent turn outs but having a lot of trouble syncing vocals/keys.. uThought I may as well look for lessons :)

So does anybody know anywhere/anybody doing them?

I'd even consider lessons on abelton but I'd be new to it as in never used it before...

Cheers
    D

What are your issues exactly. Are they your own vocals you ate trying to sync? Are the keys from an external midi keyboard?
    When you import samples into Fl there are time stretching options available in the native sampler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dyl3

mordeith wrote: »
    What are your issues exactly. Are they your own vocals you ate trying to sync? Are the keys from an external midi keyboard?
    When you import samples into Fl there are time stretching options available in the native sampler.

Thanks for the reply!

Just syncing vocals with keys are my main issues, there not my vocals they are studio accapella's from remix packs.

The keys I'm using to start off are piano melody from a sample pack with the keys of each in the description, I have tried using the time stretching and pitch options to get it perfect but doesn't work great,

Any suggestions for a key detection software for vocals? I'm using keyfinder which I don't think is 100% accurate.

I'm also using audacity to change my vocal keys to match the keys on the melodys/samples so I do t have to do much tweaking but still doesn't sound right...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Dyl3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply!

Just syncing vocals with keys are my main issues, there not my vocals they are studio accapella's from remix packs.

The keys I'm using to start off are piano melody from a sample pack with the keys of each in the description, I have tried using the time stretching and pitch options to get it perfect but doesn't work great,

Any suggestions for a key detection software for vocals? I'm using keyfinder which I don't think is 100% accurate.

I'm also using audacity to change my vocal keys to match the keys on the melodys/samples so I do t have to do much tweaking but still doesn't sound right...

I'm afraid I'm not up enough on music theory to help with key detection. However I'm of the opinion that if you have to try that hard to match samples its time to dump one or the other. You might be better off trying to replicate the melodies of the samples in your Daw piano roll.

Advertisement