Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby crazy...

• 30-11-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Trying to get pregnant but its not happening. I have issues so we will most likely need ivf ...
    I know i'm not the only one to go through this and am not trying to be a 'oh pity me' person.
    I cant stop thinking about it, its on my mind constantly. Its all i've ever wanted and its getting me so down. I find myself distancing myself from friends who have children and when I hear of someone becoming pregnant I feel resentful. I dont want to be this selfish, I dont want the guilt of not being able to provide my partner with a child, I dont want to feel the sadness and longing anymore! I work with children which i've always loved but now thats becoming difficult ...
    I talk to my partner about it to a certain extent but I feel like a broken record and dont want our relationship to revolve around this so i'm basically using this to get stuff of my chest!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

OP, I don't really have any useful advice but there is a Trying to Conceive forum on here with lots of women in the same situation that might be of help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

How long have you been trying to conceive op?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

ladam wrote: »
    Trying to get pregnant but its not happening. I have issues so we will most likely need ivf ...
    I know i'm not the only one to go through this and am not trying to be a 'oh pity me' person.
    I cant stop thinking about it, its on my mind constantly. Its all i've ever wanted and its getting me so down. I find myself distancing myself from friends who have children and when I hear of someone becoming pregnant I feel resentful. I dont want to be this selfish, I dont want the guilt of not being able to provide my partner with a child, I dont want to feel the sadness and longing anymore! I work with children which i've always loved but now thats becoming difficult ...
    I talk to my partner about it to a certain extent but I feel like a broken record and dont want our relationship to revolve around this so i'm basically using this to get stuff of my chest!

Oh welcome to the club sweetie, there are lots of us here who feel exactly like you do some days!

Feel free to vent, most of the time that is all we can do. My advice, for what is is worth, is to start the ivf process sooner rather than later. They will advise you if they think you need to give it more time before any interventions.

*hugs*

Advertisement