Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Gotya wrote: »
    His weight has to do with his mentality, I mean, if he isn't happy with that, then the head isn't gonna be right. He seems to be always fixing his T-shirt.

I just think he is too self conscious and it effects his game.

Smiths shirt is a size or two too small. I mentioned it before, he's always fidgeting with it. If it annoys him just go up a size. Once he doesn't go to size M for marquee like Lewis he'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭blackcard

Great match

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What a cracking game. Pity the young fella folded at the start in the deciding leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Great match. Well worth watching, both played excellent darts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great game. A shame De Zwaan couldn't win it but top class entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

ComfortKid wrote:
    What his him losing weight got to do with anything? Everyone including Michael knows it's his mentality. He tends to give up when the going gets tough. I think he will be a multiple world champion once he gets good experience of going deep in tournaments.

Game of the tournament so far. Good to see Michael win a tight game like this. The smoothest throw I've ever seen. Effortless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Cracking game,the kids got talent Dr zwaan

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Great game, well done to M. Smith. De ZWAAN played and a great game.

Lol loving Michaels walk on :):)

Oh please stop with those dancers, I taught dancing to 500 miles was bad

Bristow shut up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Bristow and Wade spending Christmas fay together.. I'd say that'll be a barrel of laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Has Wes Newton not even qualified for this? He's had some rapid decline.

monkey9 wrote:
    Has Wes Newton not even qualified for this? He's had some rapid decline.

He's playing tomorrow. Hopefully he loses. Another player I really dislike for no particular reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ComfortKid wrote: »
    He's playing tomorrow. Hopefully he loses. Another player I really dislike for no particular reason.

Oh right, i was just looking at the first page of the thread at the schedule and couldn't see his name. He just popped into my head there because i haven't seen much of him the past year.

I actually don't think I've seen Wez play since the 2013 premier league. He's really gone off the radar. I fancy Cristo to beat him anyway.

You must be losing the aul eyesight monkey, his name is there on the schedule of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Loved wades ribbing of mardle in the post match interview... was kinda like what would you know about winning anything stuff. Good to see somebody at last acknowledge he talks the biggest load of shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Loved wades ribbing of mardle in the post match interview... was kinda like what would you know about winning anything stuff. Good to see somebody at last acknowledge he talks the biggest load of shyte.

What was said in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

statto25 wrote: »
    What was said in the interview?

Cant remember verbatim it was some gentle stuff from wade to mardle im sure the interview is up somehwere..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

bristow had a gentle go at mardle too during the game.

Bristow said he always tried leave 32 if he couldnt go out in 3 darts, Mardle replied with you left 32 in 1983 to which bristow replied at least I won my semi.

I cant stand mardle commentating, offers no insight to anything. Part always offers a psychological aspect and bristow offers the numbers side of things but Mardle just shout STOP Man or some other type of crap when someone is throwing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

It'll be interesting to see if Cristo Reyes can build on last year's good world championship run, hopefully he does, Newton just has one of those faces I'd like to see less of.

Chizzy is in with a chance of a good run this year as well and really should do a little bit better than last year.

• Advertisement

Chizzy is in with a chance of a good run this year as well and really should do a little bit better than last year.

Don't think he is, he hasn't really had a good run in any tournament this year besides the PL. He'll have Peter Wright next round too.

Don't think he is, he hasn't really had a good run in any tournament this year besides the PL. He'll have Peter Wright next round too.

Little bit harsh, I mean this year he has made 4 QFs and obviously the semi's in the PL and he's been beaten in most of those tournaments by either Van Gerwen, Gary Anderson or Phil Taylor, no shame in losing to that trio.

Sure look it, only time will tell and I don't have any money on him so I don't really care how he gets on, but he does have the game for a decent run.

Little bit harsh, I mean this year he has made 4 QFs and obviously the semi's in the PL and he's been beaten in most of those tournaments by either Van Gerwen, Gary Anderson or Phil Taylor, no shame in losing to that trio.

Sure look it, only time will tell and I don't have any money on him so I don't really care how he gets on, but he does have the game for a decent run.

To get to the quarters of a lot of tournaments you only need to win 1 game. I think he's had a bad year and is in decline, he has the talent to win any tournament alright.

To get to the quarters of a lot of tournaments you only need to win 1 game. I think he's had a bad year and is in decline, he has the talent to win any tournament alright.

I thought it was only the Masters where you only have to win 1 game to get to the QFs, in fairness the game between him and MVG at the masters this year was a cracker.

I thought it was only the Masters where you only have to win 1 game to get to the QFs, in fairness the game between him and MVG at the masters this year was a cracker.

Ah you're correct, sorry. 32 players in most tournaments.

Yeah that was probably one of the best games I've ever seen quality wise. Looking forward to seeing how he does anyway, but he has a really tough draw.

Ah you're correct, sorry. 32 players in most tournaments.

Yeah that was probably one of the best games I've ever seen quality wise. Looking forward to seeing how he does anyway, but he has a really tough draw.

No worries at all, he does indeed have a tough draw, couple of good games on tonight as well, should be very interesting to see how they all get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Iang87 wrote: »
    bristow had a gentle go at mardle too during the game.

Bristow said he always tried leave 32 if he couldnt go out in 3 darts, Mardle replied with you left 32 in 1983 to which bristow replied at least I won my semi.

I cant stand mardle commentating, offers no insight to anything. Part always offers a psychological aspect and bristow offers the numbers side of things but Mardle just shout STOP Man or some other type of crap when someone is throwing well.

Have to say i like Mardle, he gives a bit of life to the game. He sets himself up to be ribbed by Bristow and co. In general I like the wide variety of commentating on the PDC.

Leaving the commentating aside Mardle is a really nice fella. He did an exhibition near me last year and the organisers said he was brill from his antics on stage plus did everything he was asked and more. The exhibition was for charity.

Taylor on the other hand was a twat, from starting an hour late even though he was in the hotel for hours and would not sign the practice boards for the charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can't believe the yaya/kolo thing is still happening

ComfortKid wrote:

I'm wrong again, Peter has either Winstanley or Hybrechts next round

• Advertisement

I'm wrong again, Peter has either Winstanley or Hybrechts next round

On the showing so far, it should be a comfortable win for Wright

Advertisement