Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Deano doing his own head in here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Some of the preliminary rounds were better than this muck. Peter will be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Really enjoyable match in the end mind.

KevIRL wrote:
    Really enjoyable match in the end mind.

Twas in fairness, two ton plus checkouts in tie breakers, unbelievable nerves from Ronny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Not great standard but still enjoyable to watch. Dean was too inconsistent, would hit a 180 and then 45

• Advertisement

Newton is an odd one, I understand all the hate, but I quite like him but just cause of his walk on song

KevIRL wrote:
    Newton is an odd one, I understand all the hate, but I quite like him but just cause of his walk on song

He seems sound in any interview I've seen him in too, I just hate looking at angry faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Hi Darts forum, don't often comment on here, but will be with the Darts for the night.
    Reyes might regret missing that chance to close out the first set there.

Jaysis, how did newton nick that one

67 average, I suddenly feel a whole lot better about my own game

• Advertisement

Reyes threw that away in the third leg, Newton won the set with a 67 avg!

poldebruin wrote: »
    Hi Darts forum, don't often comment on here, but will be with the Darts for the night.
    Reyes might regret missing that chance to close out the first set there.

Welcome to the madness. Reyes threw some great darts and then suddenly with to S**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Good God that was woeful. Newton has some serious problems right now. I've seen him have bad games but never like this. It's not so long since he was ranked 8th in the World I believe, maybe higher.

The first set seems to be weighing on Reyes - the last couple of visits look like he's given up a little bit. Needs to refocus. It's there for the taking if one of them can up it just a bit.

Took Newton 4 legs to score 100+ and he still won the set. Mind boggling.

73 average and 2-0 up. Some darts

KevIRL wrote: »

Well he's improving, from bad to less bad

KevIRL wrote: »

6/13 on doubles - although in any other match he wouldn't even be getting a shot at those.

I thought I had misheard that statistic about Newton hitting single 5's earlier - 19 times in 9 legs.

..it didn't matter in the end, but terrible for Reyes to chuck his last dart after hitting the single 9, hitting a treble 1, to leave double 3. Doesn't bode well for him.

• Advertisement

great dart at double one from Reyes with Wes sitting on double 12 for the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

As bad as Newton was he still won 3-1.

Glad Wes won in the end. Reyes flicking his last dart at the board when he was still in the match and still in the leg, and with the way Newton was playing still had every chance. He did it a few times in the match, terrible mental attitude.

Well that's the worst win I've ever seen.

Come on chizzy, been looking forward to him for the evening

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Really poor match. Newton wins despite the fact he was clearly struggling. If Reyes had have played any good darts at all he would have won but too many missed doubles cost him.

Newton deserves credit for grinding out a win but Wade will cruise past him in the next round.

Good man chizzy, would really need to work on his doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

What did Jenkins pick up off the oche and slip to the ref?..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm struggling to garner much enthusiasm for the first round, may wait until the second round starts on the 26th.

No football on, so decided to sample some first round action. Lucky enough for Newton/Reyes to be my first match - I run good.

Didn't see Jenkins having a chance in the set.

Yeah, from what I've seen of the first round it has been pretty underwhelming so far.

• Advertisement

poldebruin wrote: »
    Didn't see Jenkins having a chance in the set.

Yeah, from what I've seen of the first round it has been pretty underwhelming so far.

Apart from chizzy, no one else would really be looking at a 100 average. First round is never very high standard. To be honest I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Advertisement