Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

jamesbere wrote: »
    Apart from chizzy, no one else would really be looking at a 100 average. First round is never very high standard. To be honest I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Not expecting a lot and I know the standard ramps up, but many of the matches have been one-sided. I enjoyed the Mervyn King match the other night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

No one has been at the top of their game yet but you don't want to peak in the first round. Lot of decent performances with 93-98 averages.

Ando, Chizzy, MVG and Taylor topping the average table so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The quality mightn't have been too high but for entertainment the below games were all decent enough to watch:

Whitlock - Evans
    Hamilton - Murnan
    Huybrechts - Pallet
    Smith - Zwann
    MvG - Eidams

poldebruin wrote: »
    Didn't see Jenkins having a chance in the set.

Yeah, from what I've seen of the first round it has been pretty underwhelming so far.

Jenkins ground out a win last night. He was far from his best.
    Darin Young was visibly disappointed after. He'd caught Jenkins on an
    off day and knew he should have given himself a better chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

gramar wrote: »
    Jenkins ground out a win last night. He was far from his best.
    Darin Young was visibly disappointed after. He'd caught Jenkins on an
    off day and knew he should have given himself a better chance of winning.

last year terry got a nine darter in round 1 and still went out, hopefully he picks up some form for the next round

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Tonight looks the best of the first round nights on paper anyway, looking forward to Van de Pas against Hopp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Tonight looks the best of the first round nights on paper anyway, looking forward to Van de Pas against Hopp

Looking forward to that one myself, they're two good young players and the other games do look good on paper as well. Be interesting to see how Dekker gets on, I doubt he'll be able for Lewis, but some of the seeds have started off very lacklustre so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

winstanley v ronny my fav game so far,not for averages,just for watchabillity and craic, followed by bullyboy's game

winstanley v ronny my fav game so far,not for averages,just for watchabillity and craic, followed by bullyboy's game

Ricky Evans v Whitlock surkey gets a look in. 2 sets and 2 legs down to come back and win, 16 maximums

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This was probably my favourite so far too. I have often said that I would much rather see a mid 80's average battle between two players rather than a 118 average battering by MvG. It was great entertainment; some brilliant shots, some terrible shots, missed doubles, huge checkouts and plenty of drama. Great game.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This was probably my favourite so far too. I have often said that I would much rather see a mid 80's average battle between two players rather than a 118 average battering by MvG. It was great entertainment; some brilliant shots, some terrible shots, missed doubles, huge checkouts and plenty of drama. Great game.

Ye a mid 80s battle with high tension can be great, especially when the players are struggling with the maths and Bristow is on commentating, he's a gas man when he's ripping the p1ss out of players for poor shots and for asking what's left.

I see plenty low averaging battles in the pub every Friday night, So when I turn on the darts on TV I expect to be blown away with 110averages and 9 dart legs.

Kingp35 wrote: »

Absolutely. A close game can be far more engaging than seeing Van Gerwen or Taylor cruise through. Not that bothered about averages, some of the best games I've seen were BDO clashes or scraps between evenly matched players in the middle of the PDC rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

An auld afternoon session would have been great today, much better suited than last Friday

MvG isn't steam rolling anyone like ye keep saying. He seems to scrape threw all his games this year.
    High quality close games. He just knows how to get over the line

ComfortKid wrote: »
    MvG isn't steam rolling anyone like ye keep saying. He seems to scrape threw all his games this year.
    High quality close games. He just knows how to get over the line

He scraped through some amount of matches so!

Be quicker to say what he didn't win!

gramar wrote:
    He scraped through some amount of matches so!

gramar wrote:
    Be quicker to say what he didn't win!

Yeah he did! Look over all he's big games this year, most of them won by 2 or 3 legs at most, and came back from losing positions. He's games certainly aren't as one sided an boring as being made out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads im gonna ask the question even though I know the answer.

A certain bookmaker kindly offered 9-1 on lewis +1.5 when in reality its a 1-25 shot . They have since corrected the price. My chances of getting paid out are exactly zero arnt they?

Did bet online and returns still shows up as a 9-1

akelly02 wrote:
    Did bet online and returns still shows up as a 9-1

If it says 9/1 on your bet slip then you should surly get paid out at 9/1? Poxy man if you do and I hope you lumped on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

They wont pay out, they have the right to change the odds if an error or mistake occured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

liam7831 wrote: »
    They wont pay out, they have the right to change the odds if an error or mistake occured

Yep palpable error. They can pay out at the correct odds. But you may get lucky and get it through.

liam7831 wrote:

Seems harsh if he doesn't get it, he should be entitled to a refund then surly as he wouldn't of done the bet at the real odds, or might have thought 9/1 was correct

price.fit as a fiddel,muscles everywhere, vs limping very overweight guy 15 years older than him and getting wupped ,only in darts :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Price just didn't show up at all. Couldn't buy a treble. Gilding was solid and did what he had to do. Very disappointing first game.

Van de Pas v Hopp has the makings of a great game though. Hopefully it lives up to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

This Yaya/Kolo chant is starting to grate now.

Let it die FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Van de Pas v Hopp looking very good and watchable, had to turn off the box with that crap Jenkin's and Winstanley were playing. darts so far has been very under whelming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

that poxy Kolo Toure song.

mute mute mute

New song for aidy? Nope...he said he was trying to get it changed

Decent performance by Van de Pas but nothing spectacular.

The crowd chants are really rubbish at this stage, but at least when the standard of darts improves you'll notice them less. This is the house that the PDC (much and all as I love them) has built though, invite a bunch of drunk idiots to turn up and a bunch of drunk idiots will turn up and sing drunk idiots songs!

Ps, I have nothing against drinkin' now, I do plenty of it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Looking comfortable for Lewis, dekkar isn't play bad but Lewis can be too strong when he gets going

Advertisement