Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I don't understand anyone saying this is bad for the tournament, are you insane?! It makes it wide open now and way more exciting, it's brilliant for the tournament, brilliant for Barney and brilliant for anyone who wants to see wide open unpredictable darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Gutted,well done barney ,its not like mvg folded it was just epic matchplay from barney, taylor is fckin delighted now... Lewis now please,even bully boy...anyone but taylor first and foremost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

anyone but taylor first and foremost

Hear, hear, anyone but the obnoxious Phil!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Crazy match absolutely brilliant and that's an understatement, everyone left will believe they can win. A case could be made for all left bar Norris/Webster(no disrespect to either).

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Great words by John Part on what that win will mean to Barney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Fantastic interview from MVG.

I can think of a bitter little man from Stoke who could learn a lot from that.

(I still haven't forgiven MVG from refusinga photo in the Noggin Inn though ;) )

My prediction is Wright looking at the draw, am I going to put €100 on him, absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Don't like Barneys demeanour already, predicting a hammering now. He's doesn't look up for it

TbL

Armchair critics....so boring and predictable

Officer999 wrote: »

Ah well we are all guilty of that from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

The best thing about Barney's win tonight was he beat a player in van Gerwen on the top of his game.

Who knows....maybe the Grandpa can go all the way ;)

• Advertisement

Just looking there, winner of PDC wins £300000 Winner of BDO still £100000 really is the poor relation. But and I say this not gloating, when you see that match tonight nothing will ever match it on the BDO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

That match will be remembered by many for years to come but I'll remember 2016 World Champs as the year we got to 600 posts before hearing ...PDC v BDO :)

It's not for this thread and pretty much everyone knows the difference already so let's stick to the tourney please.

Thanks.

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    That match will be remembered by many for years to come but I'll remember 2016 World Champs as the year we got to 600 posts before hearing ...PDC v BDO :)

It's not for this thread and pretty much everyone knows the difference already so let's stick to the tourney please.

Thanks.

Ok sue me, I love MA, he was brill in the GSOD. Just making a comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

I've being saying it for a few years now. Taylor is ****ed and I'm eventually going to be right this year. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I usually root for MvG and not much of a Barney fan but last night you have to give to him huge credit. He looked up for it from the off and went toe to toe with MvG and beat him by playing relentlessly excellent darts. Funnily enough that's exactly what Taylor said the night before...'you'll only beat him playing well from start to finish'.

If MvG was to go out I think it's in the tournaments interests for it to be a player that can go on an win it and not one of the lesser lights that will get blown away in the next round. Barney can certainly win it. The only concern is that last might was a bit of a final for him and to get his head ready for the 1/4's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Could b a new name on the trophy,that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Great performance by RVB last night. Nerves of steel.. I didn't think anybody could beat MVG based on his current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did rvb say he is would of taken the defeat worse than mvg.

What a game it was, show that to the young dart players looking to get Into the game and say that's what u have to aspire too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Did rvb say he is would of taken the defeat worse than mvg.

Yeah he did. He admitted that he is a terrible loser and that MvG is a very gracious loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The game should be class.

Think Wright could just shade it, might handle pressure doubles a bit better.

Webster to win a tight one again vs Norris.

Taylor might be ignited by MVGs defeat and show up tonight, if he does he could wallop Klassen. He'll need to doubles much better than he did vs King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Come on chizzy, good start. Although I can't see him been that good on his doubles for the rest of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Officer999 wrote: »

After the event commentators, so righteous.

I note you didn't post any of my other follow up posts, where I stated I got it wrong. So selective and petty.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Epic game going on.

Where's everyone tonight??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Another cracking match here. Very hard to call the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Excellent standard in this match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Quality darts!

Hopefully Wright will nick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭blackcard

Outstanding darts from both players

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Superb stuff. Can see this going to sudden death

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Here we go tiebreaker time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭blackcard

Doubling has been sensational!!

Advertisement