Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

blackcard wrote: »
    Doubling has been sensational!!

Hitting trebles has been shocking tho. Especially by Wright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Epic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

As good as last ngts epic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wow.. This is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭blackcard

Brilliant!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

That was some 130 checkout

Great game

TbL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Cracking stuff!

We are being spoiled with brilliant matches this year, long may it continue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wright missing the bull and then chisnall hitting a 130. This is why you can't but love the darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

unbelieveable game. Superb from both players.

unbelieveable game. Superb from both players.

Great game even down to the end. Chisnall almost had the 125 checkout.

• Advertisement

Great game. Your heart would go out to Chizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Wrap that up as one of the best games I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There were no losers for me from that game. Superb darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Amazing stuff.

Some battle, both showed such bottle under pressure.

Darts is awesome.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brilliant game, better than last nights for me. Serious finishing under pressure from both players. Disappointed Chizzy didn't win but there was nothing between them.

I love this sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,838 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Best game I think I've ever watched. Even surpassed last night.

Feel for boys having to follow that.

I predict another 7 setter minus about 15 points on the averages

While I'd prefer other players, there would be something great about Taylor winning it again. He made the sport what it is. He may have become the grumpy old man, battling age, no one seems to be that phased by him any more. He has seen players like Van Gerwen and Anderson overtake him, I'd even put Lewis in there as well even if he has slipped a few places. There is also a host of players like Wright, Thornton, Smith etc. that you fancy could take him any time now whereas before they had no chance. But just one more title would be wonderful, he deserves better than some ignominious slide down the rankings, he should be able to go out within a year or 2 of being world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

While I'd prefer other players, there would be something great about Taylor winning it again. He made the sport what it is. He may have become the grumpy old man, battling age, no one seems to be that phased by him any more. He has seen players like Van Gerwen and Anderson overtake him, I'd even put Lewis in there as well even if he has slipped a few places. There is also a host of players like Wright, Thornton, Smith etc. that you fancy could take him any time now whereas before they had no chance. But just one more title would be wonderful, he deserves better than some ignominious slide down the rankings, he should be able to go out within a year or 2 of being world champion.

Emm,no thanks,he has won it enough,barney would be a better fairytale career ender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Emm,no thanks,he has won it enough,barney would be a better fairytale career ender

Plenty of life in Barney yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Klaasen has done very well to keep this at 1-1. Taylor is throwing great darts here. Klaasen needs to hold his throw in this set to put Taylor under pressure as he usually starts to miss doubles under pressure.

Taylor 4-1 from here I think.

Mighty Mike going out has given him his mojo back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I can't really see Klaasen winning this, but i'd love it if he did and wiped that smirk of Taylor's face.

Don't right off Klaasen just yet. I think this guy is going to be the next big thing.

4-2 Klaasen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭blackcard

Klaasen hanging in

I think Barney kinda gave up years ago. I just don't see him fighting against the years like Taylor does. It was great to see him win last night. But in terms of a legacy for the ages, Taylor doesn't just transcend eras in this sport, he is a legand across all sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,525 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Great to see Taylor frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Massive set for Klaasen if he wins this. Always love to see Taylor rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Big swing in those last two legs. 3-1 would have really put it up to Taylor.

You would have to expect his experience to carry him through now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭bren2001

Klaasens darts have been good enough to hold his own set. He doesn't look one bit phased by this. I think he will do it.

Advertisement