Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What happened between them? Are they not close

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

D.Q wrote: »
    What happened between them? Are they not close

For all Bristow’s faults he has always said it like it is. Taylor can’t handle it never could never will. Brilliant player who will never be matched for what he has done for the sport, but as a person he is a nasty bitter tool (best word I could use without getting a warning)

Unless he starts to win a few things in 2016 he is going to start slipping down the rankings and we will see how long he hangs around.

Would love to see Mr Hearn drop him from the Premier League as his head is not in the right place.. like he did to Janes Wade two years ago.. Not a chance of that happening..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

buster180 wrote: »
    For all Bristow’s faults he has always said it like it is. Taylor can’t handle it never could never will. Brilliant player who will never be matched for what he has done for the sport, but as a person he is a nasty bitter tool (best word I could use without getting a warning)

Unless he starts to win a few things in 2016 he is going to start slipping down the rankings and we will see how long he hangs around.

Would love to see Mr Hearn drop him from the Premier League as his head is not in the right place.. like he did to Janes Wade two years ago.. Not a chance of that happening..

He's in the top 4 so couldn't be dropped, I'm sure he could refuse to play if he wanted and Hearn might even let him

Taylor might well become a pundit when he retires, I'm sure he's lost a good chunk of his fortune in the divorce so I wouldn't be surprised to see him

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

He's in the top 4 so couldn't be dropped, I'm sure he could refuse to play if he wanted and Hearn might even let him

Wade was in the top 4-6 when he was dropped. It is an invitational league (when its suits). I am not saying Taylor should be dropped but in uncle Barry really has mental health issues with players (like wade) Taylor should be dropped. I can never see it happen, like the way Barney and Anderson (before he won the world title) got in over the last few years.

Wade was in the top 4-6 when he was dropped. It is an invitational league (when its suits). I am not saying Taylor should be dropped but in uncle Barry really has mental health issues with players (like wade) Taylor should be dropped.

There is a huge difference between being nasty and bitter, and being diagnosed as being bipolar and having manic depression. I'm not judging either, just that we can't lump Wade and Taylor in together and say "their heads are not in the right place". One is a personality issue, one a mental health issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

ComfortKid wrote: »

Can we stop all this nonsense and just give Michael Van Gerwen the trophy now..
    Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

norris is bossing this

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Haha Norris checking 59 out with treble 19 and double 1. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

norris is bossing this

Tide is turning. Unbelievable stuff from Klaassen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Klaasen is throwing some serious darts now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I talked him down but Norris is playing some proper trash darts and still 4-3 up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Norris first man to miss double 12 in BDO and PDC

Unreal stuff!!

What bottle from jelle

Simply brilliant ftom klassen,huge credit to chuck,only lost focus in last leg really..epic start to the days darts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Klaasen is class

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Would love to see Klaasen win it. He's a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What a game we're been spoiled with the quality lately

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Superb from Jelle. He wins 4 straight legs to clinch victory against Taylor and repeats the feat today. He is a real dark horse to win this tournament now.

How the feck Klaasen throws darts is beyond me, he looks like he's gonna fall over he leans so far forward :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Excellent game again, best world championship yet, it's had some of the best matches I've ever seen. Fairplay to Klassen he can really produce outstanding darts when he needs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hope Anderson does it 5-0

One has to give Klaasen credit for the way he has come back. During his...difficult time, remember posters on darts forums saying he should be boycotted, booed, not allowed play etc. I guess it's a particularly thorny issue given her age. But the sanction suggested to me that it wasn't as serious as the www made out and he seems to have finally started to make good on all that promise in the late 00s.

Klaasen hit one of the quickest 180's ever. Mental stuff.

Hoping Wadey wins this.

Another missed 9 darter, bound to get one eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

jamesbere wrote: »
    Another missed 9 darter, bound to get one eventually

Lewis will hit one tonight!!.. Get on :-)

Huge gulf in class so far. Wadey can barely find treble 20 and Ando is mm's away from a 9 darter.

Gotya wrote: »
    Lewis will hit one tonight!!.. Get on :-)

Now he's a good man for a 9 darter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Delighted to see Klaasen win earlier, he'll find it tough to match Anderson on this form

• Advertisement

5-0 now I'd say, Wade is all over the place. Mardle is right, the jumping action isn't helping his rhythm.

Advertisement