Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Yeah I was 99% sure that's what I saw as well. His first two darts were right on the money.

The announcer said 85 and Lewis pulled his darts out anyway.

Someone rewind and check for the craic if they're still on the channel.

Lewis is interview makes me feel uncomfortable. It's just like he's...socially awkward. Not that it matters a damn with that talent! But he really should avoid trying humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SteM wrote: »
    2/1 on the Paddy Power app.

Tnx.

Just put a few quid on him there at 2/1.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i re winded the 85,one dart was blocked so impossible to tell,lewis looked confused when taking out the darts,threw another 3,and looked more confused then,hence his pauses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Tnx.

Just put a few quid on him there at 2/1.

TbL

Fair play. I couldn't pick a winner out of the 4 semi finalists. Even the outsider Klassen is playing great darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Lewis is interview makes me feel uncomfortable. It's just like he's...socially awkward. Not that it matters a damn with that talent! But he really should avoid trying humour.

He looks like a man who is in danger of a heart attack. That sweat is not a healthy sign

mdwexford wrote: »
    You always post this crap.

Go back under your rock.

I've been proven correct yet again ! Allow me my little bit of gloating and I'll be on my way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Looks like it will be hard to stop Lewis when he's in this form. Not missing many doubles. Shame to see Snakebite leave and an even bigger shame that we won't get to see that great walk on again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He looks like a man who is in danger of a heart attack. That sweat is not a healthy sign

Check out his misses lol. Prob the amount of drink and drugs he has had over the years

The drinking culture for dart players is starting to die out as the newer guys eg klassen, Jamie Lewis seem a lot more physically fit. Not that it matters really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Would love to see Klaasen take RVB out in the final. I'm no fan of Taylor but what RVB said about his retiring and the timing of it after his elimination this week was disgusting imo.

His tweeting on the Klaasen saga back then would spur Klaasen on that bit more too.

My head says a Lewis/Anderson final though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

I think Lewis will be hard to beat.

Shoulda had the balls to back him a couple of nights ago at 8/1.

Anyone know what his odds are now?

TbL

Stuck a tenner each way @ 14/1 the last week :)
    Just hope Barney's due one of his meltdown games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I've been proven correct yet again ! Allow me my little bit of gloating and I'll be on my way

No you haven't.

Was he a bottler vs Chisnall a few days ago?

You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

mdwexford wrote: »
    No you haven't.

Was he a bottler vs Chisnall a few days ago?

You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

He's been waiting since mid December to "contribute" to this thread so just let him have his moment. It was always more than likely that Wright wasn't going to win so he was simply poised to snipe as soon as he lost. I don't know what his motivation is but it seems irrational to say the least.

Anyway, as I said last time he popped his head around the door, don't feed the troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I wouldn't be Wright's biggest fan but was very impressed with how he battled back when it was clear even during the warm-up that he wasn't happy with his grip and his doubles were so wayward in the early sets. He has a terrible habit of changing his darts and I'm wondering did he do that and maybe change back during the first break? Whatever, it's hard enough playing the other guy without having to fight against yourself too and he could easily have thrown the towel in at 0-3.

At 4-1 down he hit double with first dart in each of 3 legs to take the set and had back to back 180s to set up a 9 darter in the next set. Ended up hitting tops for a 12 dart leg. Missed tops for 120 out in the last leg with Lewis sitting on 5x - that's more battling than bottling in my book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

I've backed Lewis at the start At 16/1 but for me I have to say and I think Anderson will win it.he looks solid from the first day till now and he proved against gurney he can dig deep when he's opponent is throwing great stuff.

An Anderson vs Lewis final, with Lewis panicking and losing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Would love to see a barney v Klaasen final, but head says Lewis v Anderson. And Anderson to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Would love to see Klaasen v Barney final, but i think Anderson will out class Klaasen, and the effects of Barney's last 2 matches will catch up on him v Lewis.

Anderson v Lewis final for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Would love to see a Barney v Klaasen final but reckon it will be Lewis v Anderson

Anyone want to join our wolfpack? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Is klaasen in the same league as Anderson?? Seems a big price....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

akelly02 wrote: »
    Is klaasen in the same league as Anderson?? Seems a big price....

Pre tourney world rankings of 2 and 19 should give an idea of the difference between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Should be a 2-3 set winning margin for gary,buuuuuut.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Most likely we'll get an Anderson v Lewis final, that would have been my guess from the time both Taylor and MVG were knocked out. Barney and Klaasen both in with a good chance of course but I don't think they'll do it tonight.

Anderson used to travel over to Killarney all the time and was great with fans.

Pretty sure Klaasen won here in the late 00s.

Lewis was good enough to fly in for just the Sunday when he couldn't make the full weekend a few years back.

And Barney, by all accounts wanted appearance money to turn up at such events.

So I know who I'm not for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

One minute they're booing Lewis then they're singing along to his music.

Funny game it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

martyos121 wrote: »

Funny game it is.

Thought they were chanting Lewis tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Funny game it is.

I Didn't notice. Too busy watching the William hill girls dance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Crowd defo pro Barney.

Good start from Jackpot.

Funny game it is.

Lewis often seems to get a tough time.

I said above, he's kinda awkward in interviews, can't do the really nice guy, can't be the pantomime villain like Manley, just can't seem to relate to the fans. I feel a bit sorry for him over the stick he gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lewis often seems to get a tough time.

I said above, he's kinda awkward in interviews, can't do the really nice guy, can't be the pantomime villain like Manley, just can't seem to relate to the fans. I feel a bit sorry for him over the stick he gets.

He lets his darts do the talking, just the way I like a player. Dominant so far, hope he takes the crown again this year.

Advertisement