Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Van Duijvenbode looks like a blonde Jordan Henderson for any soccer fans!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Sky robbed us of the greatest walk on in darts. Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Can't believe he burst 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Have never seen that happen, poor fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Barney could do with sharpening up the auld doubles over the Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

He might be slow but he's effective. CMON Oreshkin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

He's killin the doubles.. good luck to him !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Two nil up on the Merv. Like I said he might be slow but he's accurate. Love to see him finish this off.

This guys great, no fear

I love how he folds his arms while waiting to throw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is there an afternoon session tomorrow does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

paulie21 wrote: »
    Is there an afternoon session tomorrow does anybody know?

No, just 3 Monday Tuesday Wednesday evening sessions to finish the first round, then back Saturday night.

Keith deller must be doing his nut, can't figure if he's going for 19s or 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭blackcard

Painful this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Glad that's over.

I hope that fella never plays pipe, that would be awful to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Glad that's over.

I kinda of enjoyed it...i like his couldnt give a flute attitude. Also how unhealthy does mervyn king look....

I kinda of enjoyed it...i like his couldnt give a flute attitude. Also how unhealthy does mervyn king look....

I taught he looked a tiny bit less unhealthy then usual :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

jamesbere wrote: »
    I taught he looked a tiny bit less unhealthy then usual :pac:

Must have been the jaunty mousthache and smig...

I gave up on any expectation I had for Merv a few years ago. With that fellas talent he should've been sitting comfortably in the top 8 behind the big 3-4 players consistently - I admired him coming over from the small pond of the BDO but when push comes to shove he hasn't the resolve to go toe to toe with the really big boys - in saying that I'd like to see him get a decent run this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I gave up on any expectation I had for Merv a few years ago. With that fellas talent he should've been sitting comfortably in the top 8 behind the big 3-4 players consistently - I admired him coming over from the small pond of the BDO but when push comes to shove he hasn't the resolve to go toe to toe with the really big boys - in saying that I'd like to see him get a decent run this year

he has had some decent results, runner up in GSOD, sf in wc in 09, PL runner up as well in 09 I hope he doesn't go into a decline like manley, whitlock etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

I put a thread up in the gambling forum for betting on this as i love watching it and having a few interest bets, do any of you bet on it and if so are they your own picks or is there anywhere that posts tips or stats. If you know of somewhere could you point me in the right direction.

he has had some decent results, runner up in GSOD, sf in wc in 09, PL runner up as well in 09 I hope he doesn't go into a decline like manley, whitlock etc

Very natural thrower so I doubt he'll decline that much, problem for king is he has terrible back problems which lay him up for spells. If he'd lose some weight it might help aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Very natural thrower so I doubt he'll decline that much, problem for king is he has terrible back problems which lay him up for spells. If he'd lose some weight it might help aswell.

Of the top 20 ranked in the PDC all could do with shedding some weight with the exception of Klassen 19th and Pipe 20th. All of the rest are varying degrees of fairly fat bastards, fat bastards and really fat bastards.

I know it's not the most physically demanding sport but you'd think more of them would be in better physical condition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

jamesbere wrote:

He does have back problems but I think he really milks that excuse. He's lacking mentally, how many semis and finals has he lost. Great player but should really have won at least 2 or 3 big tournaments.

Was it the 2013 masters where he needed one leg to win, but lost 8 on the bounce to lose to Wade

gramar wrote: »
    Of the top 20 ranked in the PDC all could do with shedding some weight with the exception of Klassen 19th and Pipe 20th. All of the rest are varying degrees of fairly fat bastards, fat bastards and really fat bastards.

I know it's not the most physically demanding sport but you'd think more of them would be in better physical condition.

I think a lot don't give two fiddles about their weight as long as the darts do the talking. But yeah for their health later in life they should really be looking after themselves.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    He does have back problems but I think he really milks that excuse. He's lacking mentally, how many semis and finals has he lost. Great player but should really have won at least 2 or 3 big tournaments.

Was it the 2013 masters where he needed one leg to win, but lost 8 on the bounce to lose to Wade

Took the words out of my mouth , long before the back problems he suffered mentally. He lost 2 BDO finals against David & Fordham who wouldn't be fit to put new stems in his arrows. I remember him complaining about the air conditioning one year (long before the Lewis/Wade saga). He has remarkably few wins considering all the semi & finals he's contested .. didn't he fold to MVG in the final in Citywest a couple of years ago also ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Perhaps it helps to have a low centre of gravity so that you can lean in closer to the board :)

ComfortKid wrote: »

Not sure about him milking it as it has really affected him but he has missed some good opportunities to win some big tournaments. You would wonder mentally if he has it alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I think a lot don't give two fiddles about their weight as long as the darts do the talking. But yeah for their health later in life they should really be looking after themselves.

I was looking at John Henderson the other day. He was clearly suffering from the heat and pressure up on stage and I think that's what lost it for him. If he wasn't carrying around 3-4 stone extra he'd cope a lot better and
    I reckon the same goes for most of them.

Not that I prove the point...I'm a healthy weight and ****e at darts.

Advertisement