Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

jamesbere wrote:
    I think a lot don't give two fiddles about their weight as long as the darts do the talking. But yeah for their health later in life they should really be looking after themselves.

With all the traveling they do, and with them playing there games in what is basically a massive pub, I can understand that they aren't the healthiest of men.

I often wonder if being fat is actually an advantage, bigger heavier arms mean a more steadier throw? Can't be a considence that all the top players are big puddings

markc91 wrote:
    I put a thread up in the gambling forum for betting on this as i love watching it and having a few interest bets, do any of you bet on it and if so are they your own picks or is there anywhere that posts tips or stats. If you know of somewhere could you point me in the right direction.

Some of us do gamble on the darts, it's not really a game you can give tips on though is it? Can you post a link to your thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Looking forward to seeing Thornton v Norris tonight, Norris is one of the more dangerous unseeded players and a draw I doubt many wanted, still I'd expect Thornton to win. Michael Smith is an excellent young player as well, be good to get a look at him to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I wish Bristow would stop referring to the PDC as 'us'.

For example, 'Alan Morris has done well since coming over to us from the BDO'

He's done it quite a few times in the coverage so far. Is he still playing or what?

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote:
    I wish Bristow would stop referring to the PDC as 'us'.

Liamalone wrote:
    He's done it quite a few times in the coverage so far. Is he still playing or what?

Could be wrong, but I'd say he has shares in the PDC, he was a founding member. I know Phil does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Could be wrong, but I'd say he has shares in the PDC, he was a founding member. I know Phil does.

Ye learn something new everyday! Didn't know that, still annoys me lol

Liamalone wrote:
    Ye learn something new everyday! Didn't know that, still annoys me lol

Every mumble that comes out of his mouth annoys me. He has no place presenting or commentating on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

John Michael, can we claim him. Irish enough name anyway

Cmon now Chuck!! Would love to see him go deep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cmon now Chuck!! Would love to see him go deep.

And all the sweeter if he knocks out Thornton as well, really dislike him

Good set by norris, Thornton would want to wake up or he's in trouble

KevIRL wrote:
    And all the sweeter if he knocks out Thornton as well, really dislike him

Same as, he's big angry face is so annoying. Giving out to himself if he hits a good 140.

Same as, he's big angry face is so annoying. Giving out to himself if he hits a good 140.

Yeah that annoys the hell out of me.

Cracking last leg by norris, taught his doubles might be his downfall but bar the first leg he's looked good.

Yeeees!! See Thornton an ignorant pig, barley shook his hand, didn't congratulate him our anything.

Super darts from Chuck, I reckon he will beat Joe Murnan too.

Very impressive display from norris

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Serious darts from Norris. Really good performance

Yeeees!! See Thornton an ignorant pig, barley shook his hand, didn't congratulate him our anything.

Super darts from Chuck, I reckon he will beat Joe Murnan too.

Murnan was average enough, I'd say he'll easy win if he plays like that

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

All personal dislike for Thornton aside, that was a super display of darts from Norris

• Advertisement

jamesbere wrote:
    Murnan was average enough, I'd say he'll easy win if he plays like that

Looking at the draw there, it wouldn't surprise me to see Norris get to the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭blackcard

Andy Hamilton is the player that looks angriest to me

This should be close, fancy Smith to go through 3-2

Looking at the draw there, it wouldn't surprise me to see Norris get to the semis.

Keeps playing like that and he has a good chance

That was some wild dart for the 141 haha what a leg of darts

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Am I the only one who thinks if M. Smith was to lose some weight he'd win a world champion ( pundits and players seems to think its only a matter of time) he just seems so self conscious that its like its putting him off this game the pundits and players talk him up to be..

Gotya wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks if M. Smith was to lose some weight he'd win a world champion ( pundits and players seems to think its only a matter of time) he just seems so self conscious that its like its putting him off this game the pundits and players talk him up to be..

What his him losing weight got to do with anything? Everyone including Michael knows it's his mentality. He tends to give up when the going gets tough. I think he will be a multiple world champion once he gets good experience of going deep in tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

This Dutch kid is no pushover. Smith needs to get his head in gear.

What his him losing weight got to do with anything? Everyone including Michael knows it's his mentality. He tends to give up when the going gets tough. I think he will be a multiple world champion once he gets good experience of going deep in tournaments.

His weight has to do with his mentality, I mean, if he isn't happy with that, then the head isn't gonna be right. He seems to be always fixing his T-shirt.

I just think he is too self conscious and it effects his game.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    This Dutch kid is no pushover. Smith needs to get his head in gear.

For sure, de ZWAAN is really a good player and showing it here, smith has the game to win this but he will have to pull it all out. 1-1 and 2-0 in set 3

Advertisement